5 Livestock Field Assistant Job Opportunities – National Animal Genetic Resources Center and Data Bank (NAGRC & DB)
Organization: National Animal Genetic Resources Center and Data Bank (NAGRC & DB)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports To: Senior Farm Manager
The National Animal Genetic Resources Centre and Data Bank (NAGRC&DB) was established by the Animal Breeding Act, 2001. It’s one of the statutory semi-autonomous bodies of the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF). Formation of NAGRC&DB was part of the fulfilment of the aspirations in the National Animal Breeding Policy (1997), document and the Action Plan for its implementation providing guidelines to all actors in the animal breeding and production value-chain. The actors included input suppliers, farmers, companies, researchers, extension workers and civic leaders on suitable breeds for the various ecological and production systems.
Job Summary: The Livestock Field Assistant will undertake records management and census of animal on centre farms
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes records on farms and herds recording management.
- Monitors and supervises the maintenance of sanitary conditions in the paddocks or kraals.
- Advises and supervises the preparation of animal fodder, supplements, water or other feeds.
- Monitors animal health and administers or supervises the routine administration of veterinary drugs.
- Supports pasture, breeding and other animal rearing activities.
- Trains farm workers on animal care procedures, maintenance duties, and safety precautions.
- Undertakes any other official duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant should have At least a Diploma in Veterinary Practice or Animal Sciences.
- Should have practical experience in animal handling and breeding management.
- Should have a minimum working experience of two (2) years.
- Working experience of at least two (2) years with a practical exposure to animal breeding activities.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their CV, applications and testimonials (including 3 work references) to;
The Executive Director,
National Animal Genetic Resources Centre & Data Bank,
P.O. Box 183 Nsamizi Road, Entebbe
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 6th May 2020