5 Medical Clinical Officer Job Placements – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports To: Medical Officer
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting nationals and refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community based organizations, the civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, peace building, gender-based violence, economic recovery and agribusiness, and children & youth. IRC has a country office in Kampala, a regional office in Lamwo, Moroto, West Nile and in South western Uganda. Given the conflict outbreak in South Sudan, IRC extended its services to Palabek refugee settlement to support refugees being settled in Lamwo district.
Job Summary: Under the supervision and guidance of the health facility in-charge, the CO is expected to develop the capacity of subordinates by provision of on-the site clinical mentorship, support supervision and organizing for continuous medical education or continuous professional development for the facility staffs. S/he will be expected to work within the health facility and offer services in the community in the catchment area; and collaborate with the health implementing partners in the settlement. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer daily clinical assessment and prescription of treatment for all patients attending the health unit.
- Ensure proper documentation of the history, examination findings, investigations and treatment prescribed.
- Refer to the doctor in charge or to the doctor on call challenging cases and relevant information such as patient’s status and laboratory results, which would assist in proper clinical management.
- Conduct minor surgical procedures in the OPD minor theatre i.e. stitching cut wounds, I&D of abscesses, removal of minor foreign bodies etc.
- Actively participate in weekly CME’s held at the health facility or health post.
- Do health facility coverage and on-call as required.
- Participate in camp health surveys/campaigns.
- Assist in daily morning ward rounds of admitted patients with the medical officer assigned to the ward and contribute to bedside teachings to junior staff.
- Ensure complete and accurate inventory of medicines and supplies located at the health unit and monitor and supervise their usage.
- Liaises with other cadres in the unit in the delivery of quality health care to patients
- Adheres to professional codes of conduct and ethics.
- Provide health talks to patients/clients on day-to-day basis.
- Carry out other relevant duties as may be required or assigned by your supervisor.
- Support in any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must have a Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
- Must be registered and licensed with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
- Experience working in a refugee settlement or any other humanitarian setting.
- At least two years of work experience, with field experience in a health project implementation.
- Planning, organizing and coordinating
- Concern for quality and standards
- Ethics and integrity
- Self-control and stress management
- Time management
How to Apply:
Please send filled IRC application form, cover letter, and Curriculum Vitae in ONE PDF attachment clearly indicating the position that you have applied for to: UA‐IRCJobs@rescue.org or hands deliver to Human Resource department in IRC Lamwo Office, Located on Mission road, Palabek Kal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that if you do not follow the above instructions your application will be automatically disqualified.
Whilst all applications will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified Females are especially encouraged to apply. IRC is an equal opportunity Employer.
Deadline: 27th January 2020
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE