5 Senior Field Intelligence Officer Job Opportunities – Tugende
Duty Station: Hoima, Lira, Mubende, Soroti Uganda
Reports to: Branch Leader
Tugende is a technology-enabled asset finance company with a social mission. We provide an affordable path to ownership of income-generating assets for proven entrepreneurs. Our primary product is a lease to own motorcycle financing package which includes training, life and health insurance, and active support. Tugende currently serves tens of thousands of clients in Uganda and we are preparing to extend our offering into Kenya.
With a market for motorcycle taxis of over 800,000 drivers in East Africa alone, Tugende is expanding rapidly in our core product. We are also building a platform with our staff, branches, data, systems, and deep knowledge of the informal sector, to expand into other asset financings as successfully as we have with our current core product.
About this Role: This position will play an integral role in the operations of Tugende. The Senior Field Intelligence Officer will serve as the main point of contact between Tugende and clients who have any motorcycle security issues. The goal is to help Tugende in maintaining excellent working conditions by keeping our assets and our customers safe and problem-free.
The position involves creating a secure work environment for our staff and customers. As a Senior Field Intelligence Officer, you will be responsible for minimizing theft, vandalism and any other suspicious or criminal behaviour, working closely with relevant law enforcement authorities. You will also be a key point of contact for customers who have security challenges, Respect, customer dignity and professionalism are key attributes for this job.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all client security issues are dealt with integrity and in a timely manner.
- Support the field team in coordinating Collection and Recovery operations
- Ensure all field operations conducted by the Field Officers are managed effectively, with safety & care
- Coordinate all security-related measures for Tugende, including making reports and follow-ups with police and other relevant authorities
- Maintain proper record keeping and timely reporting on any security and safety threats to the company
- Ensure safe custody of all company property/assets at all times
- Advise the company on all security-related matters both internally and externally as well as participate in taking corrective/preventive actions on such matters
- Supervise the day and night time security guards
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a diploma in any business-related field from a reputable institution of learning
- Relevant training in security from a recognised institution
- Two years’ work experience as a Security Officer in a reputable organisation.
- Good customer experience and ability to deal with difficult clients
Skills, knowledge & abilities:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly analyze information and make informed decisions
- Good risk assessment skills
- Ability to build strong professional networks
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Motorcycle riding proficiency with the willingness to quickly develop into expert status
- Proficiency in multiple local languages will be an added advantage
- Computer literate with the ability to use MS Office and Google Suite
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Hold values similar to our own: Integrity, Empathy, Teamwork, Solutions Oriented and Always growing.
- Confidentiality: Able to handle sensitive information professionally and confidentially
- Positive Attitude: maintain a mindset of “getting things done” and finding satisfaction in developing sustainable long-term solutions at all times
- Flexible and resilient: Willingness to travel, flexible in schedule and work hours, seek direct feedback and see every challenge as an opportunity to grow.
- Career Trajectory: This is a role with significant potential to grow as the company and Operations function grow. The person doing this job can be promoted to Head of Security, with a possibility of crossing to other operations functions.
- Hours and compensation: This position is for a full-time employee who can take on additional responsibilities as new tasks and projects come up.
- Meaningful Work: Tugende’s work gives entrepreneurs the tools to earn a living for themselves and their families. We are changing the face of the boda industry in Uganda, and proving that young men with little education can take on the responsibility of financing a significant asset and earning a livable wage. Help be part of this movement!
- Great Team: Tugende has a smart, fun, and growing team of 270+ Employees. We take our work seriously, but love to joke and have fun. We regularly have fully-paid, voluntary team outings, as well as fun parties for our clients. Our headquarters are in Kampala, and we also have offices in Eastern and Western Uganda.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 8th September 2019