56 Fresher Project Assistant Job Vacancies – BRAC International
Organisation: BRAC International
Duty Station: Uganda
BRAC International is one of the world’s largest Non-Governmental Development Organizations, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviation Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda. The organization implements integrated development approach combining Education, Health, Agriculture, Livestock, Adolescent Empowerment and Microfinance.
About UPG Project:
The UPG (Ultra Poor Graduation) project is to assist the ultra-poor with focus on people with disabilities to improve their livelihoods and bring about positive changes in achieving economic, social and inspirational changes, and assist them to access mainstream development services. Consequently, the UPG project has been implemented as a part of BRAC’s holistic development approach geared toward inclusion and to work towards achieving the sustainable development goals (SDGs).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with LC1 & Community Health Promoters (CHPs) to organize village meetings in order to identify proper participants into UPG project.
- Conduct coaching, mentorship & hand on trainings for the selected participants on business skills, life skills & assets management.
- Keep traceable records of selected participants and number of household per village.
- Supervise efficient and effective delivery and use of assets input, cash and other inputs for improving participant’s livelihood.
- Form youth & saving groups & link them to BRAC bank for saving & loan opportunities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the BRAC International Project Assistant job must hold a Certificate & Diploma in Agriculture, Development Studies, Social Sciences or a related study. (Testimonials will not be allowed).
- One year of experience in mobilization & community work.
- Skills working with persons with disabilities, vulnerable persons & poor communities.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral. Knowledge of the local language in the mentioned locations is added advantage.
- Should be integral, innovative, inclusive & effective.
- Women & Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application and updated CVs via Email to email@example.com. The subject must be the name of the position applied for strictly.
NB: Only complete applications will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 7th July 2019