6 Fresher DREAMS Data Entry Clerk Job Opportunities – TASO Uganda
Organisation: The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
REF: TS/HR/ PMGT/40
Reports to: DREAMS Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), is an Organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease.
About the Project:
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), was founded to contribute to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease. TASO is implementing various projects funded by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Global Fund in partnership with various Implementing Partners to support the Government of Uganda accelerate epidemic control and the attainment of the UNAIDS 95 95 95 goals.
Job Summary: To ensure timely and correct entry of all DREAMS data into UDTS databases. The DREAMS Data Entry Clerk will carry out other duties relating to updating and validating DREAMS registers, provide support to peers on data entry using tablets, hard copy data archiving, alert teams on report submission guidelines and completeness and work closely with the M&E Specialist to ensure effective and efficient data entry into electronic data management systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project data entered into the UDTS electronic databases in time
- Routine data cleaning carried out
- Routinely support peers with tablets
- Completeness and accuracy of data verified
- Quality assurance in data management ensured
- Proper filing and storage of office data maintained
- Confidentiality of project information ensured
- Verify completeness and accuracy of DREAMS data forms brought for entry
- Carry out prompt and accurate data entry of all project data for DREAMS from static and outreach sites into the Uganda DREAMS tracking system
- Support the DREAMS peers in the use of tablets to enter data
- Conduct data cleaning on data entered by peers using tablets to ensure that quality data is produced.
- Routinely update DREAMS registers
- Run routine reports as may be required by the project team
- In close liaison with the DREAMS M&E Officer, routinely backup data entered into the electronic data bases.
- Support completeness of DREAMS reporting by identifying gaps and addressing facility based reporting challenges as they occur.
- Ensure functionality of electronic data management systems (UDTS) & Tablets
- Perform data quality assessment before entry into the system
- Maintain data entry requirements and standards by following data program SOPs.
- Ensure proper filing and storage of office data both manually and electronically
- Report database malfunctioning to the DREAM M&E Officer.
- Participate in the retrieval of information from the system as and when required.
- Perform all hard copy data filling and storage.
- Ensure confidentiality of the DREAMs data at all times.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold Diploma in Statistics, Quantitative economics, Computer Science, Population Studies, Business Computing, Business Statistics OR Information Technology.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the above fields will be an added advantage.
- Training in M&E or in Uganda DREAMS tracking system.
- Prior experience in entering DREAMS data
- One year of experience in HIBRID and HMIS data entry. Experience in a health setting with knowledge of managing PMTCT, HIV Care & Treatment and HCT data is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of statistical applications will be an added advantage
- Ethical issues in data management
- DREAMS core packages and segments
- DREAMS Data Management
- Computer knowledge in database management, spreadsheet, email, etc.
- Skills in report writing
- Familiar with public health facilities and willing in serve in such settings.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good communication skills
- Good records management skills
- Other Qualities/Attributes: Accuracy, Integrity, Confidentiality, Team player and Ability to work under mental and physical stress and Empathy.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees, two of who should be the present employer / immediate supervisor or last employer if unemployed, or any other if it is the first employment being applied for. None of the referees should be a relative, friend or business associate. All referees’ designations should be stated and contact details included i.e. physical address, telephone/ mobile numbers and email contacts.
All interested Candidates MUST fully fill the TASO Online Job Application Form, Download Here scan and save all the relevant documents in one folder (labeled with candidates full names) and forward only online applications with the relevant credentials at the link below
Deadline: 9th September 2021 at 4:30pm
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE