8 Fresher Personal Banker Job Opportunities – Housing Finance Bank
Organization: Housing Finance Bank
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports To: Branch Manager
Grade: Assistant Banking Officer
Housing Finance Bank, is a Commercial Bank and the leading provider of housing finance solutions with a vision to be the preferred consumer and business bank with a focus on housing finance. To efficiently and effectively attain its strategic objectives, Housing Finance Bank is seeking to hire qualified, versatile and self-driven individuals to join an exciting opportunity to grow the bank’s incremental housing loan segment. The objective of the incremental housing loan is to provide housing financial solutions to low and middle income earners in both the formal and informal sectors of the Ugandan economy;
Job Summary: To grow the Bank’s Incremental Housing Loans business through sales, relationship management and retention of a specified portfolio and ensure portfolio quality in line with the Bank’s policies and procedures
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Active mobilization, sensitization, recruitment and recovery of Incremental Housing Loans from customers
- Manage existing client relationships to increase/grow Housing Finance Bank share of wallet in the micro housing space as well as promoting a savings culture among the customers.
- Initiate credit applications for assessment / review by completing the documentation (including financial analysis) and submitting to Credit Committee for approval in line with Credit policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement a sales plan and champion the Incremental Housing loan product selling campaigns to achieve and exceed sales targets
- Ensure effective monitoring of loans with reference to risk management framework, customer service standards and loan terms through regular visits to clients and manage delinquency /early warning signs of default by following up on problem clients.
- Prepare sales and productivity performance reports as shall be required from time to time detailing the performance progress.
- Timely handling of customer queries and complaints and resolution. Where required, escalate any unresolved queries in line with the Customer Service Charter.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of assigned loan portfolio with reference to risk management frame work, customer service standards and the loan terms.
- Liaise with Credit department through the Relationship Manager Incremental Housing to initiate and participate in the recovery of delinquent loans in the branch in line with set policies and procedures governing the recovery process.
- Any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a business related discipline from a recognized university.
- At least two years progressive experience in microfinance lending business preferably in a Microfinance or commercial bank
- Proven sales track record in a financial services industry
- Good understanding of micro lending processes and procedures preferably from a microfinance institution or commercial bank
- Good understanding of portfolio management process and procedures
- Sound understanding of Laws and regulations relating to lending in Financial Institutions
- Customer centricity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of integrity
- Result oriented.
- Excellent organisational skills
How to Apply:
All Interested candidates should hand deliver their applications with a recent CV, copies of all academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact, postal and email address and three competent referees to:
Head, Human Resouces
Housing Finance Bank,
4 Wampewo Avenue, Kololo
Please take note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: Thursday 23rd July 2020 at 5:00 pm