Job Title: Junior Credit Officer (8 Career Jobs)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Credit Manager
SolarNow is a distribution and finance company that sells high quality solar product and appliances to households and businesses in Uganda. The company started in 2011 and has since opened 36 branches throughout Uganda, employs around 250 people. Expansion into other countries is planned for 2016.
Job Summary: The Junior Credit Officer will ensure credit appraisals and documentations, monitor payments of credit clients and also ensure loan/ payments recovery in order to minimize non-performing loans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will authenticate documentation presented for all credit applications and ensure they meet the Solar Now requirements and any other requirements.
- Ensure compliance with Solar Now’s Credit Policy, Procedures and service level agreements.
- In charge of the appraisal of Credit applications and make recommendations.
- Actively participate in Credit Committee to verify approval or rejection of applications.
- Ensure all applicants are advised on fate of applications within reasonable time.
- Proactively manage risk /exposure for assigned portfolio
- Manage portfolio to ensure good performance; clients pay on time.
- Ensure recovery of systems pledged as security on delinquent loans.
- Offer support in the restructuring of debts in the interest of the Solar Now and customer.
- Manage Customer and stakeholder relations in accordance with agreed Service Level Agreements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Micro-finance OR it’s equivalent
- A minimum of four years’ experience in related field in a reputable organization
- The applicant must have worked in with at least the Banking, Micro finance, Solar, Small/ Micro- Lending sector.
- Ability to speak at least more than two local languages.
- Flexible and ready to travel and work upcountry.
- A fit with SolarNow values
- Keen attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Good team player
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good communication and reporting skills
Note: Candidates without passion and energy need not to bother applying.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to the Human Resource Manager, SolarNow Uganda Services via e-mail, email@example.com, including their updated CVs (no other documents).
Deadline: 10th August, 2016