Accounting Coordinator Jobs – SPOUTS
Job Title: Accounting Coordinator
Duty Station: SPOUTS Head Office, Nsambya, Uganda
Reports to: Accounting and Finance Manager
SPOUTS is a Limited company operating within Uganda that manufactures and distributes ceramic water filters with a vision of providing access to clean and safe drinking water for all Ugandans.
Job Summary: The Accounting Coordinator is responsible for contributing to ensuring that transparent and accountable business systems are in place, so that SPOUTS can effectively deliver its business objectives. The incumbent will also be managing a small team. The incumbent works in close collaboration with other members of the Accounting and Finance team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Take a lead role in providing a financial and accounting service to SPOUTS, including the maintenance of systems and processes, to support business decision making, ensure that SPOUTS meet all compliance requirements.
- Ensure that filing systems providing supporting financial details and receipts are maintained and kept up to date at all times to support verification purposes.
- Monitor the daily budgetary operation across the different departments at SPOUTS and also provide support where necessary
- Maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers, vendors, suppliers, and regulatory authorities by ensuring timely payment of accounts and acting as a liaison to resolve discrepancies.
- Coordinate and provide day to day supervision for subordinate members of the Accounting Team.
- Cooperate with, and train other SPOUTS officers to establish and implement procedures to ensure all SPOUTS operations fulfil compliance requirements. Ensure transactions are transferred to the accounting system and verified in a timely manner.
Ensure that financial data collected is accurate, complete and timely so that it can be relied upon for Accounting purposes and key business processes and decisions
- Develop and maintain robust data checks.
- Undertake data cleansing in relation to existing systems and analyse mistakes with a view to making changes to prevent them in future.
- Resolve data quality issues as they arise including the provision of feedback to data entry staff about common mistakes.
- Work in collaboration with the Operations team to ensure that stock movements reflect a fair value of the reported stock.
- Propose improvements to ensure more reliable data with less need for correction.
- Provide training and support to staff involved with data entry so that they understand how the data is used and take responsibility for its quality.
Contribute to implementing and maintaining financial policy and planning processes.
- Help to prepare the annual budget plan for all aspects of SPOUTS’ operations so that it meets accounting compliance standards and the requirements of other key stakeholders.
- Prepare accurate reports in line with SPOUTS reporting schedules for both internal and external parties.
- Make recommendations to improve processes and minimise discrepancies.
- Help to develop and implement policy, standards and procedures to meet legislative requirements, best practice approaches and to provide ethical guidance for the finance and accounting processes of SPOUTS.
- And any other duties as you may be assigned.
Demonstrate corporate responsibility.
- Always act in a manner consistent with SPOUTS’ values.
- Comply with the SPOUTS’ standards of conduct and all applicable policies and legislation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor degree in a financial discipline.
- CPA, ACCA Partial/full qualification is an added advantage.
- At least two years of related work experience
- Language requirements: High level of competence in spoken and written English language skills.
- Applies broad-based knowledge to manage projects, account for resources and ensure compliance with relevant legislation and standards.
- Works autonomously, and develops new approaches and solutions following consultation with staff and others to determine the nature of a situation.
- Innovates to develop new processes and management systems to regulate processes and ensure organisational compliance and efficiency.
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Demonstrated competency in data entry and word processing skills
- Experience using MS Office, databases and accounting software and financial reports
- Aptitude for numbers and demonstrated record for accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven ability to coordinate processes and prioritise workload in an environment of multiple demands
- Works well in a multi-functional and multi-cultural team
- Commitment to mentoring and training staff to maximize individual and organization goals.
- Proven record for honesty and accountability
Special conditions: Some travel may be required between the SPOUTS head office, the factory at Nakawuka and across Uganda where needed.
How to Apply:
All application should be addressed to the Human Resource Manager, SPOUTS Of Water Limited, electronically to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org