Accounts Analyst Job Opportunities – Alliance of Bioversity International & CIAT
Organisation: Alliance of Bioversity International & CIAT
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About US: The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation. With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people in a climate crisis. The Alliance is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
Job Summary: The Accounts Analyst is part of a dynamic finance team based at the Uganda Sub-regional office. The position works in close collaboration with Operations, HR and PLANS teams contributing to the effective operation of ABC office in Uganda. Reporting to the Accounting Officer, the Accounts Analyst has the responsibility of ensuring timely and accurate registration and analysis of transactions and ensuring robust treasury operations in compliance with internal controls and statutory requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the effective running of banking operations ensuring all bank/cash accounts are duly reconciled and balances maintained for seamless office requirements.
- Ensure payments and liquidated expenses are duly documented, posted and stored in accordance with institutional financial procedures and GAAP
- Work closely with PLANS, administrative, and HR teams in Uganda to ensure timely processing of payroll, statutory returns and payments in accordance with ABC policies and procedures.
- Support institutional and project Audits ensuring the timely submission of Audit information, compliance with audit requirements and timely implementation of audit recommendations.
- Work with different administrative units to collect monthly cash requirements for submission to the regional office.
- Support the preparation of annual operational, personnel and capital budgets including the collection and feedback from relevant parties
- Accurate and timely posting of financial transactions into UBW ERP in line with ABC financial policies and procedures.
- Conduct continuous analysis of TB accounts (including alliance inter-company account) to enable complete and timely submission of monthly and quarterly reports to the regional office.
- Review and verify correctness of Travel Expense Claims (TECs)/Accountabilities, including correct AECs, exchange rates, expense reporting and presence of all receipts.
- Ensure proper filing of accounting documents for ease of retrieval during audit and project review exercises.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Accounting certification e.g CPA, ACCA, CIMA an added advantage
- Strong proficiency of the English language, both written and spoken
- At least five (3) years of relevant work experience in a closely related field gained in an
- international organization including budgeting, accounting guidelines and financial
- management of projects
- Strong knowledge of accounting and budgeting practices and procedures relevant to not-for profit organizations
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with other national and cultural backgrounds
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong client service orientation
- High degree of integrity and transparency
- High level of computer skills, ability to handle complex financial and budgeting systems
- including excellent knowledge of Excel and ERP systems
- Knowledge of IFRS
How to Apply: Applicants are invited to visit https://ciat.cgiar.org/jobs/ to get full details of the position and to submit their applications which should include letter of application, CV and names/contacts of at least three professional referees. Applications should cite reference number ABC-UG-006 Accounts Analyst as the position applied for. Applications should be saved as one document using the candidate’s last name, first name for ease of sorting. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Alliance does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or training). The Alliance also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts. Deadline: 15th April 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda