Administration/ Human Resource Officer NGO Jobs – Malteser International
Organisation: Malteser International
Duty Station: Uganda
Malteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health & Nutrition; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH); Livelihood & Social Programs and Disaster Risk Reduction. Malteser International has been implementing projects in Uganda for over two decades focusing mainly on health and nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene, livelihood and environment.
Job Summary: The Administration/ Human Resource Officer- Maternity Leave Cover (national position) supports the program coordinator in the implementation of the project activities as outlined in the log frames as well as with the administration and HR matters in relation to project management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Office management and ensuring necessary supplies for the office and stock keeping of the supplies and safe custody.
- Acts as the focal point for receiving all visitors and guests, ensure they are briefed and attended to in a professional manner.
- Act as the focal point and arrange for maintenance for the office and the permanent staff residences in Arua and supervise office support staffs (office assistant/compound cleaners)
- Prepare official correspondences in coordination with the PM.
- Take minutes of the team meetings and keep records of the official communications.
Human Resources Management:
- Support senior HR officer in the preparation staff contracts, staff renewals, briefing of the newly recruited staffs, debriefing of the departing staffs.
- Keep personnel file up to date and Ensure that the leave planner is maintained.
- Act as the focal person for all HR related matters.
- Carries out orientation of new staffs with close support from the senior HR officer.
- Prepare ID cards and in charge of custody and issuance of MI visibility items to the staffs.
- Act as the cashier and handle work advances and petty cash payments, keep cash book and reconcile with the accountant or supervisor.
- Review and verify bills received for activities, goods, services and others directly related to the project/program and facilities (office, permanent staff residences) including utilities, maintenance, provision of standard supplies and equipment with support from Logistics.
- Daily cash count protocols and weekly cash count protocols.
- Logistical organization of staff meetings. Coordinate and maintain meeting records
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or the regional office.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a university degree in Human Resource Management/ SWASA/ Social Sciences or related field.
- Two to three years of experience in human resource management and administration with good understanding INGO procedures and local labour laws,
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Computer literate with hands on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references)
Deadline: 12th December 2019.
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE