Administration Officer NGO Job Opportunities – Save the Children International
Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Save the Children International is an international relief organization that was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
Job Summary: Save the Children is seeking job applications for an Administration Officer. The Administration Officer will be responsible for the overall HR, Administrative, and logistical support to Western Region Office, the different Field Offices, coordination with Country Office, partners, District Local Governments and suppliers/Service providers.
Line Manages Office Assistant, and as a higher-level administrative professional, He/she perform a wide variety of tasks in his/her daily work. This usually includes standard clerical duties such as answering incoming inquiries, managing appointment calendars and filing. In addition, an office administrator may need to purchase supplies, process incoming and outgoing mail, compose and send correspondence, oversee the maintenance and operation of office equipment and premises, ensure office mobile and non-mobile assets are safe and clean in accordance with SCI policies and guidelines. The Administration Office will also support the Office in occasional typing, filing, taking inventory, keeping records, and management of the office store under the supervision of the HR Coordinator.
Ensures proper flow of office procedures, and supports the office staff by carrying out common office duties. Maintains a positive and friendly Organisation image by acting as the first line of contact to visitors, customers, and vendors in person, online, and via telephone.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Save the Children Administration Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor of Office and Information Management or a related field.
- Experience of at least Four years in a similar role.
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- Administration Officer should also be able to successfully multitask while demonstrating patience along with strong organization and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team,
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Ability to speak local language and directly interact with target group will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Save the Children should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 18th June 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda