Administrative /Assistant Accountant Job Placement – Khasakh Cooperative Society Limited
Organisation: Khasakh Cooperative Society Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Khasakh is a multi-purpose cooperative society registered under provision of section 6(2) of the Cooperative Societies Act Cap 122 as Amended with a certificate number 9985/RCS. It is owned, governed and subscribed to by former and current staff of World Vision, their spouses and children. As a Christian financial Institution aimed at offering reliable and effective financial services for a healthy and wealthy people, Khasakh operations are geared towards extending credit facilities to members at competitive interest rates, growing members’ savings through attractive interest rates, engaging in cutting edge clientele financial literacy and carrying out secure, profitable and competitive investment opportunities on behalf of its members.
Job Summary: The Administrative/ Assistant Accountant will work closely with the Sacco Accountant and the Manager. He/she will ensure proper maintenance & filing of accounting records, timely preparation of payment vouchers, reliable & accurate financial reporting & the administrative function of the Sacco.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of Proper books of accounts through accurate & timely system update of all Sacco transactions onto the Financial Management system in accordance to GAAP, laws & regulations of Uganda, the cooperative statue and other applicable laws.
- Reliable Financial Reporting through preparation of monthly bank reconciliations, monthly financial reports & weekly cash flow reports to enable preparation of other relevant & comparable reports to aid in assessing the financial position and performance of the Sacco in order to make accurate and timely economic decisions.
- Budgetary control & Planning- Participate in preparation of the annual Budget & designing of monthly activity work plans to ensure operational efficiency.
- Procurement- Identification of the Sacco asset needs & procurement of the same through the acceptable Khasakh procurement guidelines while ensuring value for money.
- Preparation of Payments -Timely & accurate preparation of loan & withdrawal request payment vouchers while ensuring proper attachment of all required supporting documentation before payment.
- Updating, managing and maintenance of the SACCO’s membership database – Creation & activation of accounts for new members, deactivation of closed accounts & continuous update of existing member information.
- Communication – Ensure Effective & timely communication between the accountant, manager, staff, members, auditors the board & other stake holders on financial and operational affairs of the SACCO.
- Organization & facilitation of Board & other Sacco meetings – Ensuring venue bookings, quorum, and logistics for all monthly board and other stakeholder meetings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A university degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing/Business Administration and or a full/ partial professional qualification in ACCA, CPA or equivalent.
- A minimum of one year’s post qualification experience
- Extensive computer knowledge on MS Excel, Word, Power point and any other Finance Management System.
- Must have proven knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and internal control procedures.
- Written, oral communication, organization and excellent customer care skill are essential and the incumbent must be a team builder who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment and with minimal supervision and highest level of integrity.
- Proven analytical skills and ability to think strategically.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs and copies of their relevant academic documents to email@example.com.
Only successful shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
Deadline: 14th June 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda