Administrative Assistant Job Opportunity
GOAL is currently seeking to hire competent persons to join our Uganda team. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join an extremely dynamic International NGO and to use your skills. If you are familiar with working within the international development aid sector and have a strong background in the areas mentioned, then you are the one we are looking for!
All positions are contingent to funding.
About the Role: The Front Desk Assistant is responsible for providing administrative assistance and support to the Kampala procurement department. The candidate also provides administrative support ensuring all paperwork and tracking in the department is accurate, up to date and well organised, manages Front Desk, handles internal & external communication and manages front office stationery supplies. Ensures that orders for goods and services are processed promptly and good value for money is obtained according to the existing GOAL Procurement Manual including
- Assist procurement department with the fulfilling of orders received including sending inquiry forms and sourcing quotations from pre-qualified suppliers, support with updating of procurement order tracking system (OTS), developing tracker all for monthly payments, scanning of procurement paperwork and ensuring comprehensive procurement records are maintained as per guidelines and where required prepare documentation for orders, including payment requisition forms. The candidate will also support up inventory and maintenance list for all furniture and non-asset items in Kampala office and assist in booking of Hotel accommodation booking and transport for GOAL staff and maintain tracker of booking requests and processing staff IDs
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Completion of a Diploma/Degree in a related field
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role
- Working knowledge in use of Word, Excel, email and general computer literacy
- Possess good communication skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Possess good phone etiquette
- Ability to prioritise different tasks in efficient manner
- Possess good basic typing skills
- Possess good interpersonal skills
- Flexible and hardworking
- Assertive, but able to keep good relations
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a global team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
General description of the country programme:
First operational in Uganda in 1979, the current GOAL Uganda country programme focuses on Health (including WASH, Health Accountability and Nutrition programming); and a market based systems approach to improving agricultural livelihoods and WASH. GOAL Uganda mainstreams gender, child protection, social behaviour change and resilience strategies across all programming. GOAL works on a district focused approach and uses a mixture of direct implementation and partnerships with national and international civil society organizations, local government, the private sector and communities to give effect to our mission.
GOAL Uganda has a skilled team of approximately 100 personnel and manages an annual operating budget of approximately €8.7 million (2018). GOAL is currently operational in the North, South, East and West of Uganda with six established offices in Kampala, Lira, Bugiri, Abim, Kaabong and Agago Districts. GOAL Uganda country programme is funded by a number of donors who include Mastercard, charity: water, Irish Aid and some small foundations.
Remuneration Package and Benefits:
Our package includes a competitive salary, health insurance cover for up to 3 dependents, comprehensive 24 hour personal accident cover, terminal benefits equivalent to one month for each completed year of service and our working hours provide for a half day on Fridays. GOAL promotes a learning and development environment with training & study opportunities aligned to our staff development policy.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications by email with at least 4 reference contacts (3 from the last three employers, and 1 character reference), and daytime contact number to; The Human Resource Manager, GOAL Uganda: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the title for the position applied for in the subject line by 21st November 2019. PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.
Deadline: 21st November 2019