Administrative Officer Job Opportunities – Ministry of Education and Sports
Organization: Ministry of Education and Sports
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of TVET Secretariat
In 2019, the Government of Uganda approved a TVET policy (2019) as one of the key documents to guide the reform in TVET sector in Uganda. The policy lays a foundation for a TVET System that is flexible to the changing labor market demands. The Policy also provides for a: structure to coordinate, regulate and harmonize TVET at all levels; framework for resource mobilization, utilization and sustainability for quality TVET provision and delivery; and, career path and linkages between general education and TVET. ln addition, the policy provides the basis for reviewing and harmonizing the current laws.
Job Summary: The Administrative Officer will provide general logistical and administrative support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor TVET Secretariat workplans budgets and expenditures and contribute to preparation of budget revisions;
- Monitor procurement activities, review procurement processes, contracts and expenditures and update the procurement plan in compliance with EU regulations;
- Maintain inventory control over office supplies and stores at the Secretariat;
- Schedule and organize meetings, travels and conferences;
- Coordinate and oversee the operations of office facilities, equipment and machines and regularly maintain the Secretariat Asset Register;
- Prepare monthly payment requisitions in consultation with the Head of Secretariat;
- Prepare draft written responses and respond to requests for information by phone or e-mail;
- Receive and attend to visitors/ clients internal and external;
- Draw up and monitor programmes, activities and appointments; and
- Carry out any other administrative assignments as requested by the Head of the TVET Secretariat.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should be a Ugandan in possession of an honors bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Secretarial Studies, Office Management or any related field.
- Must have a Post Graduate Diploma in management/ Administration.
- Must have at least five years of experience in office management functions..
- Proficiency in MS Office packages.
- Ability to meet targets/objectives within specified timeframes.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Highest degree of integrity and honesty.
- Ability to work long hours.
How to Apply:
All applications should clearly include the position of the vacancy and applicants should attach photocopies of their certificates and testimonials plus recent passport size photograph.
Eligible Public Officers may apply. However, they will be required to obtain leave without pay in accordance with the regulations for the period of engagement.
Eligible women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed applicants shall be contacted for the interview and final selection process.
Applications should he addressed to:
The Commissioner; Human Resource Management
Ministry of Education and Sports,
Floor 4 Room 4.10, Embassy House, King George VI
Way, R0. Box 7063, Kampala, UGANDA
Hard copies should he hand delivered to the Security
Registry (Floor 4, Room 1), Embassy House
Deadline: 11th September 2020