African Development Bank Young Professionals Program
African Development Bank Young Professionals Program: The African Development Bank (AfDB) Group’s Young Professional Program (YPP) aims at attracting the best and brightest from its member countries – both regional and non-regional.
The Bank seeks to hire approximately twenty (20) young professionals each year through the Young Professional Program.
The program enables each professional to receive extensive exposure to and experience from various Bank departments and development programs through job rotation.
Young professionals are expected to rotate through, at least, three (3) assignments over a 3-year period, which may include one assignment at an AfDB field office.
Young professionals will also benefit from a coaching and mentoring arrangement as well as a wide range of relevant training opportunities.
Upon successfully completing the program, young professionals will graduate into a professional level position.
Young Professionals Program Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a citizen of a Bank Group member country (regional and non-regional).
- 32 years of age or younger.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, engineering, social sciences, international development, business administration, finance, banking or any discipline relevant to the Bank’s business.
- Fluent in English and/or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
Young Professionals Selection Criteria
- Multi-disciplinary background and a minimum of two years relevant work experience.
- Outstanding academic credentials.
- Demonstrated commitment to African development (field experience on the continent and/or in other developing countries is an added advantage).
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English and/or French with a working knowledge of the other language (working knowledge of a third language that is relevant to the
Bank’s operation is an advantage).
- Ability/motivation to work in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Demonstrated high leadership potential.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, dynamism, results-orientation, and problem-solving capability.
For more information and the young professionals application, see African Development Bank Young Professionals Program.
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020