African Doctoral Dissertation Research Fellowship
African Doctoral Dissertation Research Fellowship: The African Population and Health Research Centre (APHRC) and the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) are pleased to announce the third Call of the ADDRF awards.
The fellowship program awards dissertation fellowships to African doctoral students enrolled in sub-Saharan Africa universities who are conducting health-systems or sexuality related research.
By providing financial and research support, the program aims at encouraging doctoral students to pursue their training in the region, and thus contribute to the quality of university education in sub-Saharan Africa.
Specifically, this project aims to:
- Shorten the amount of time it takes to complete doctoral studies
- Strengthen the quality of these dissertations and the candidates
- Retain a new generation of highly skilled and locally trained African scholars in research, policy and academic positions within the regionEligibility:
- The African Doctoral Dissertation Research Fellowships are awarded to advanced doctoral students who are within two years of completing their doctoral thesis at an African university.
- The fellowships target individuals whose research show great promise of making substantive contribution to strengthening health systems or show great promise of enhancing the understanding of governance, equity, health or population-related issues in Africa.
- The program primarily supports doctoral research (including data collection).
- Coursework is not considered for support.Deadline: 15th January.
For more fellowship information and application, see: African Doctoral Dissertation Research Fellowship Website
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE