African Students Scholarships Brandeis University, USA
The Poverty Alleviation and Development (P&D) Scholarship for the Master of Arts in Sustainable International Development will be awarded to an early– to mid-career development planner committed to poverty alleviation and community development within the region of Southern Africa.
Nationals of the following countries will be considered:
Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe
The P&D Scholar will join SID graduate students from over 40 countries in August for an interdisciplinary study of development and project management emphasizing poverty reduction, gender equality, human rights and biodiversity conservation.
The P&D Scholar will concentrate on theoretical and analytical skills in the year-in-residence at Brandeis University and then spend a second year in a supervised internship or field project.
The P&D Scholarship includes full tuition remission for the year-in-residence.
The scholarship does NOT cover airfare, health insurance or any living expenses.
Nominations are encouraged from international and governmental development institutions and NGOs.
Self nominations are accepted and women are especially encouraged to apply.
Applications (to be submitted by the applicant) should include:
- Letter of Interest in Southern Africa Poverty Alleviation & Development Scholarship
- Completed Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- Detailed Statement of Purpose describing career objectives and work experience
- Three original letters of recommendation (at least one professional and one academic) on official letterhead sent directly to the Admissions Office from the recommenders (These letters must be accompanied by a Brandeis University Recommendation Form)
- Original or certified true copies of transcripts from all university-level studies, sent directly to the Admissions office from each university (Transcripts in languages other than English must be accompanied by an official English translation)
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score report is required for all international applicants.
For More Information and Application, Please Check; Brandeis University Website
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE