AFRIKA KOMMT Fellowship Program for Sub-Saharan African Students in Germany, 2017
Applications are invited for AFRIKA KOMMT Training Program open is open for Sub-Saharan African Students to study in Germany. Female candidates are welcome to apply.
The AFRIKA KOMMT! Fellowship program aims at highly qualified, self-driven young professionals and junior executives from Sub-Saharan Africa with several years of hands-on work experience, strong leadership qualities and a very high level of commitment and dedication.
Course Level: This fellowship is available to pursue 8 months training program.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded to study German Language.
Scholarship Award: The AFRIKA KOMMT! Fellowship program includes:
- An individual German language course before departure to Germany
- An intensive German language course in Germany of three months including fees, accommodation and living allowance
Travelling expenses – Flights, Visa, etc.
- Visa for Germany for one year
- Roundtrip airfare from your home town to Germany and back
- Travel to refresher course and back
- Program-related travelling expenses in Germany
Monthly living allowance during the theoretical phase
- Monthly living allowance of € 750,- (August, September and October 2017; July 2018)
- One-off relocation fee of € 1.000,- for settling back into the home countries
- Monthly salary during the internship in the companies of approx. € 1.500,- gross.
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: Candidates need to fulfil the following formal eligibility requirements:
- University degree in a relevant subject
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is an advantage
- Two to five years of relevant work experience
- Excellent English language skills
- Basic knowledge of the German language is an advantage
- Not older than 35 years and physically fit
- Female candidates are welcome
Nationality: Students from Sub-Saharan African Countries (Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Students must have University degree in a relevant subject.
English language Requirements: Students are required to have following skills:
Language and communication skills: Excellent English skills, Strong oral and written communication skills and High willingness to learn German.
Scholarships in Africa
How to Apply: If you want to apply for the sixth AFRIKA KOMMT! intake from 2016-2018, please make sure you follow the four steps listed below:
- Step 1: Check the general candidate requirements – do you fit the criteria?
- Step 2: Check the available placements and required profiles of the sixth intake of AFRIKA KOMMT! 2016-2018 – Please remember you are applying for the program in general, not for a specific placement
- Step 3: Visit www.afrika-kommt.de and fill in the application form
- Step 4: Submit your application before 03.02.2017, 23.59h CET – applications submitted after this date cannot be considered.
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is February 3, 2017.
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE