Assistant Election Officer/Electrician Jobs – Electoral Commission (EC)
Organisation: The Electoral Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Electoral Commission, established under Article 60 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and mandated to conduct public elections and referenda, invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant position within its establishment.
Job Summary: The Assistant Election Officer/Electrician will conduct routine maintenance, fault finding, and diagnostics on existing electrical systems and installing new electrical systems to the required standards while upholding safety guidelines and regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnosing and repairing electrical problems, including fault-finding, rewiring, and monitoring;
- Assessing the electrical parts and appliances needed for a job and initiating their procurement process;
- Conducting routine maintenance and testing electrical systems, and ensuring installations are to manufacturer standards, including fire alarms and security systems;
- Rewiring faulty electrical systems such as lighting, heating systems, and alarms;
- Ensuring good quality electrical workmanship which complies with building standards and follows safety requirements;
- Any other official duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institution plus a valid practicing certificate from Electricity Regulatory Agency (ERA).
- At least three years of relevant working experience in performing duties related to electrical works in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
Desired skills and competencies
In addition to the above qualifications and experience for the post, the following qualities are required:
- Ability to design, install, test and commission electrical systems and appliances such as CCTV networks, alarms, generators, solar systems, ACs;
- Ability to conduct risk assessment, diagnostics. Safety precautions;
- High level of personal initiative and responsibility.
How to Apply:
Applications with comprehensively typed CVS showing the applicant’s contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and day time telephone numbers of three referees, copies of academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to the Human Resource Office/Central Registry or to the nearest Regional Election Office or mailed to the address indicated below. Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the post of…………………..” .
Head, Human Resource Management
P.O. Box 22678
Deadline: 16th July 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda