Assistant Financial Controller Employment Opportunity – Wave Mobile Money
Organisation: Wave Mobile Money
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Wave Mobile Money has a mission to bring digital finance to everyone in Africa. Wave is solving this problem by using technology to build a radically inclusive and extremely affordable financial network.
Job Summary: We’re looking for an Accountant who’s resourceful, organized and proactive about getting things done. You’ll be responsible for helping developing and maintaining an effective financial and accounting unit as we rapidly scale our business in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Book accounting entries
- Provide financial information by researching and analyzing accounting data
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Handle financial closing tasks under Assistant Controller’s supervision
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Comply with financial, legal and regulatory requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising on needed actions.
- Maintain confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Lead by living Wave’s values, and ensure they’re deeply engrained within your team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting, finance or tax
- At least 7 – 10 years experience in accounting/auditing/finance
- Strong experience with financial reporting requirements
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Fluent in English
- Good computer skills especially in Word and Excel
- Must have Full CPA or ACCA qualification
- Experience with tax regulations and reporting requirements
How to Apply:
All interested candidates fill out the online form, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role at the link below. We review applications on a rolling basis.
NB: Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE