Assistant Manager, Finance Job Placement – Aga Khan University (AKU)
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Finance
Organisation: Aga Khan University (AKU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project Director, EA
The Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, not-for-profit, international University first established in 1983, with 13 teaching sites in 8 countries. It is a non-denominational institution open to all, irrespective of religion, ethnicity, gender or national origin. AKU has offers academic programmes in nursing, medicine and education for and in countries in East Africa.
Job Summary: The Assistant Manager, Finance will be responsible for providing high level day to day oversight of financial management policies, procedures and practices against a backdrop of internal system realignment for enhanced financial performance, cost effectiveness, reporting and accountability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all financial reporting obligations are met in relating to submissions for funding, giants, contracts and other initiatives
- Overall supervision of accounting related activities of projects.
- Ensure all finances are properly administered and monitored.
- Cash flow management
- Assist in policy formulation and implementation.
- Employee management and development
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Finance, CPA, ACCA or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of five years of related work experience
- Project management qualifications is an added advantage
- Previous experience in Construction firms or with construction projects shall be given preference
How to Apply:
All candidates should send in their application packages which should include; an application letter, an updated CV with testimonials, your name, postal and e—mail addresses, telephone/fax numbers of three professional references, addressed to the Human Resource and Administration Officer, Aga Khan University- School of Nursing and Midwifery, P.O Box 8842, Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 8th October 2018