Associate – Property Banking and Finance Job Careers – MMAKS Advocates
Organisation: MMAKS Advocates
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
MMAKS Advocates is part of the Africa Legal Network (ALN), Africa’s widest and most integrated legal alliance of independent top-tier firms. ALN is present in 15 jurisdictions, including Algeria, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. This footprint allows ALN Firms to offer unparalleled depth and breadth of legal advise in key African development destinations.
Our Commercial Team is comprised of two sub teams, i.e. Corporate Advisory and Property, Banking & Finance. The Banking and Finance Team advises both incountry and international lenders on their most intricate and high volume transactions. The Firm handles sophisticated local as well as cross-boarder and multi-jurisdictional transactions covering plain vanilla lending, syndications, project finance, blended finance and private equity financing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Associate will work as part of a team on banking and finance matters handled by the Firm. In more detail, the areas of responsibility include:
- Carrying out instructions from Partners in transactions and/or projects for various types of finance.
- Drafting and reviewing of various security documents.
- Reviewing foreign law governed finance documents for Uganda law compliance.
- Attending to due diligence investigations.
- Conducting legal research and drafting opinions on various corporate and financing related matters.
- Providing advise to clients on legal issues, risk and regulatory compliance.
- Interacting regularly with current and prospective clients in order to build a good network and relationships; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned to you by the Partners.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a law Degree and an Advocate of the High Court or equivalent qualifications.
- A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Experience with Loan Market Association documentation is an added advantage.
- At least seven to nine years’ experience in corporate advisory with a solid company law foundation as well as banking and finance work to advise the equity and debt side of financing.
- Demonstrated experience in working on large scale projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting and negotiating security and associated documents.
- Proficient in the use of IT Systems including Microsoft Office Packages.
- This role will require a high calibre and experienced Legal Associate with the highest levels of ambition and commitment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate clearly with a range of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to multitask in a complex and demanding environment.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Extremely organised and efficient.
- The ability to build and maintain highly effective working relationships with a range of people (both internally and externally).
- A commitment to teamwork and working in a professional manner.
- Commitment to our mission and strong ethical integrity.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send a cover letter and updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Thursday, 19th March 2020
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE