ATREE Small Grants Program
ATREE Small Grants Program: Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE), Bangalore, India invites proposals from individuals for research projects under its Small Grants program.
Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE) focuses on application of science to conservation of nature and sustainable use of natural resources by generating new knowledge, building human capacities, and working towards improving environmental governance.
It’s commitment to conserving biological diversity spans both ecological and socio-economic concerns bringing a unique interdisciplinary approach to addressing conservation issues in India.
The Small Grants Program recognizes that there is a wealth of information and expertise at small scales that can be drawn upon for more effective conservation.
Project proposals for funds from Rs 50,000 to Rs 1 lakh for project duration of 1 year will be considered under the program.
Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE)’s work is housed largely under three centers which, address different issues in Conservation and sustainability research.
Project proposals should address the areas of research focus as identified under each center.
The selected applicant will be assigned an advisor for the research activity at the Center he/she chooses, or can pursue independent research depending on the proposal submitted to the committee.
Research focal areas for the small grant program under each center is as follows:
Center for Conservation Science:
- Contact Details
- Scholarship Application
- Job Opportunities
- Free Scholarship
- Structure and function of ecosystem services in the context of major threats such as climate change.
- Endangered or lesser-known taxa. Center for Conservation Governance and Policy:
- Analysis, implementation and Monitoring of policies with environmental impact.Center for Ecological Informatics:
- Spatial analytical modeling for conservation science.
- Development of tools/techniques for applications in WebGIS or community science for conservation.Individuals should be affiliated with an institution and may request use of ATREE facilities at one of its locations if needed.
Proposals must follow the prescribed format and be accompanied by contact details of one referee.
The proposal should clearly mention the Center under which the project should be considered.
Grants can be used for fieldwork, research writing, or internships with ATREE faculty.
- Deadline for submitting proposals:
- 1st round deadline: 15th April
- 2nd round deadline: 15th NovemberFor more information and application, visit: ATREE Small Grants Program
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE