Bancassurance Officer Job Opportunities – KCB Bank
Organization: KCB Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
KCB Bank Uganda which is part of KCB Group, East Africa’s largest commercial bank that was established in 1896. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today, the Group has the largest branch network in the region with over 238 branches, 950 ATMs and 8,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. KCB Bank Uganda was established in the year 2007 and has grown to become one of Uganda’s top ten commercial banks. Currently KCB Bank Uganda has 14 branches complemented with 16 ATMs spread on Kampala Road, Commercial Plaza, Ben Kiwanuka, Luwum Street, Oasis Mall Sixth Street, Arua, Elgon Masaba, Fort Portal, Gulu, Hoima, Lira, Mbarara and Jinja that offer trade financing, corporate and retail banking services to customers.
Job Summary: The Bancassurance Officer will assist in the development and growth of Bancassurance technical aspects of business acquisition, accuracy of values to be insured, accuracy of quotations, policy wordings and insurance coverage, retention of acquired business through strong renewal engagements both internally and externally. The job will require the holder to give quality service in all the technical operations of the Bancassurance function. The job will also require that the holder periodically establishes and manages Bancassurance business reports within the framework of KCB Bank Uganda reporting systems as may be provided from time to time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility as an insurance intermediary for both life and non-life business placement and underwriting end to end process of all the risks placed through the Bank.
- Take responsibility as an insurance intermediary for both life and non-life incurred and reported claims with the end-to-end claims processes.
- To make proactive and clear communications to relevant stakeholders.
- To comply with KCB Bancassurance Policy, Manual and all availed Bank manuals that directly or indirectly support the Bancassurance function.
- To initiate and manage all Bancassurance transactional reconciliations to give an accurate financial position of the Unit to the Bank at all times.
- To prepare and share timely and accurate periodic reports as will be spelt out in the 2021 Balance Score Card.
- To create and manage accurate record keeping files that are accessible to relevant stakeholders at all times.
- To arrange competitive placement of insurance covers through insurers on the Bank’s Bancassurance panel.
- To record all policy details in the Bancassurance tracker and update the Bank shared folder.
- To monitor, follow-up and update the underwriting register on outstanding and paid premiums, commissions and admin fees which inform the Bank’s contribution to the insurance industry through the quarterly returns to IRA.
- To record all claims reported in the Bancassurance claims register and follow-up on the pending claims with insurers.
- To respond to all inquiries as may be required in guidance of the Bancassurance Policy and Manual.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Bancassurance Officer job must hold a University degree from a recognized and reputable institution, Certificate of Proficiency, and a Diploma in Insurance is an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in Sales, experience in Insurance sales is an added advantage.
- Strong communications, negotiations and interpersonal skills.
- Team Player and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practice in Insurance & Banking.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online through the KCB Bank online recruitment portal at the link below.
Deadline: 26th June 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda