Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of a Sore Throat
Image Source: FreeImages
Sore throats are quite common and almost everyone gets it once in a while. It could be because of the change in weather or stress at work, or any other reason. However, there’s no need to panic as home remedies can come to your rescue! It is not advisable to ignore a sore throat as it can lead to further complications like a laryngitis or tracheitis if left untreated. So, here are some effective home remedies for you to get rid of that sore throat.
There are plenty of natural remedies that you can use to get rid of a sore throat. You can use them for a few days to get relief from the pain and to prevent the condition from worsening.
– Honey – Honey is one of the best natural remedies for a sore throat as it acts as an anti-inflammatory and has antibacterial properties. You can either eat one teaspoon of honey or gargle with it followed by drinking water, twice a day.
– Lemon Juice – As lemon has Vitamin C, it strengthens the immune system, helping you fight off infections. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon and add a pinch of turmeric and one teaspoon of honey. Mix well, and consume this mixture twice a day.
– Salt Water – Salt water is a great home remedy for sore throats. It works as an antiseptic, which helps reduce the inflammation caused by a sore throat.
– Ginger – Drink ginger tea with honey twice a day to get instant relief from a sore throat. You can also add a pinch of salt to the tea to increase the benefits.
Gargling with warm salt water
You can also gargle with warm salt water, which is very effective in treating a sore throat. Add a pinch of salt to a cup of warm water and gargle with it to reduce the swelling and pain. You can also add a few drops of lemon juice, peppermint oil, or eucalyptus oil to the salt water to get a better result.
Drink plenty of fluids
Sometimes, it could be because of dehydration, so you need to drink plenty of fluids. Hot water with a pinch of salt and lemon can be very effective in treating a sore throat as it helps rehydrate the body. You can also add a pinch of turmeric to the water to get a better result.
- How to Draw a Dog: The Easiest Method That Turns Out Perfect Every Time
- How To Cut A Pineapple With Ease – The Beginner’s Guide
- The Easiest Way to Cook Rice: 5 Steps to Follow
- The Easiest Way to Cook Bacon In The Oven
- 3 Tips to Connect Your AirPods to Your Mac
- How to Create a Backup of Your iPhone for Easy Recovery
- How to Watch Yellowstone Online, Cable or Streaming
Eating Fresh Food
If you are suffering from a sore throat, make sure you eat fresh food, especially fruits and vegetables. Fruit juices like orange juice and vegetable soups can also be consumed to get relief from a sore throat.
Baking Soda Gargling and Drinking Water
Add one teaspoon of baking soda to a cup of warm water and gargle with it. This can be quite helpful in treating a sore throat. You can also add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to the water to get a better result. Drinking water with baking soda can also be helpful in treating a sore throat as it helps to clear the respiratory tract.
Turmeric and Ginger Tea
Drink turmeric and ginger tea to treat a sore throat. You can add a pinch of salt to the tea to increase the benefits. Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory agent that can help reduce pain, while ginger has anti-bacterial properties that can help fight infections. Turmeric and ginger tea can be helpful in treating a sore throat, cold, and cough. It is also helpful in clearing the respiratory tract.
Honey with Lemon-Lime Juice Mix
Mix a few tablespoons of honey with lemon-lime juice and add a pinch of salt to it. You can also add a few drops of lemon juice to the mix. Or you can boil a few cloves of garlic along with a teaspoon of honey. This can be very helpful in treating a sore throat.
Baking Soda, Ginger and Honey Shower
Baking soda and ginger is a common home remedy for cold and cough. But this can be quite helpful in treating a sore throat as well. Add a cup of baking soda to a bucket of water and add a few pieces of ginger to it. After you have taken a shower, let the steam open up your nasal and throat passages and breathe in the vapors. This can be very helpful in treating a sore throat.
A sore throat can be quite irritating and uncomfortable. There is no need to panic as it is quite common and can be easily treated. Sore throats can be caused due to infections, allergies, dry weather, or stress. It is advisable to use natural remedies to get rid of a sore throat as they are safe and have no side effects. Home remedies can come to your rescue if you have a sore throat. You can either use one of these remedies or make a combination of different methods to get relief from a sore throat.