Building Officer – Electrical Jobs – National Building Review Board
Organisation: National Building Review Board
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Compliance Monitoring
The National Building Review Board is a government agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport established by the Building Control Act, 2013. The Board is mandated to monitor building developments; ensure that the design and construction of buildings and utilities to which the public is to have access cater for persons with disabilities; oversee, inspect and monitor the operations of Building Committees; hear and determine appeals from persons dissatisfied with the decisions of a Building Committee; and to determine the fees to be charged by urban and district building committees for approval of plans, issue of building permits and occupation permits.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with the Manager Compliance to develop a robust monitoring and investigation system for all Electrical Engineering installation matters.
- Develop and publish inspection checklists that would be used by Building Control Officers for on-going construction sites
- inspect and assess the works of the building Committees to ensure compliance with the Building Control Act, Building Regulations and the Code
- Carry out competence and capacity building of Building Control officers
- Assist the Manager Compliance Monitoring in generating the periodic compliance reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the National Building Review Board Building Officer – Electrical job placement must be a Ugandan holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Registration with a professional body (ERB) is a MUST
- At least FIVE (05) years working experience in Government or a reputable organization as an Engineer or its equivalent.
- A Postgraduate qualification in Electrical Engineering or Management is an added advantage.
Age: 28 to 50 years
How to Apply:
All applications should be addressed to the Executive Secretary, National Building Review Board P.O. Box 7349, Kampala Uganda and submitted directly online via Email to: email@example.com
- Applications should be accompanied by latest detailed CV, Copies of academic Certificates, 2 Passport size photographs, copy of a National ID, copy of a valid practicing License (where necessary) and any other relevant document.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Late submissions SHALL NOT be accepted.
Deadline: 15th September, 2020.