Business Development and Training Coordinator Non-profit Jobs – Save the Children International
Job Title: Business Development and Training Coordinator
Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Uganda
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries in the world and has been implementing programs for over 90 years. Save the Children envisions a Uganda in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We strive to create impact for children by delivering our Programmes through partnerships, by being innovative, by acting as the voice for and of children, and by achieving results at scale. In Uganda, we implement programmes in six thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Livelihoods & Food Security, Health, Nutrition and HIV/AIDS in development and emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern and Central regions of Uganda, Currently, Save the Children has a staff complement of over 240 persons. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. In 2014, we reached over 143 million children through our work around 52m directly and 91 million indirectly around the world.
Job Summary: The Business Development and Training Coordinator will be responsible for business development component, in close coordination with Donor technical staff/consultant, ensures guidance to staff on risk-informed cash for work activities (Phase I) and green business development (Phase II). Ensures technical review and finalisation of proposed business plans, linking them to identified value chains. Ensures that business mentoring and technical monitoring are provided to beneficiaries’ enterprise groups, for sustainability.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Save the Children Business Development and Training Coordinator job placement should hold a Master’s Degree in business, economics, or other related field;
- Five years of relevant professional experience in developing training materials and delivering training in microenterprise development, entrepreneurship, savings and loans association, etc.
- Specialized knowledge in microenterprise development and training;
- Strong skills and experience in all aspects of programme development, including programme/project monitoring, review & evaluation.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and commitment to capacity building of staff.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of social relations and commitment to integrate gender, diversity and other power related issues into programme activities
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the title link below.
Deadline: 16th July 2018