Business Development Manager Job Placement – Career Directions Limited (CDL)
Organization: Career Directions Limited (CDL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Manager
Career Directions Limited (CDL) is a strategic HR solutions Company that has been in operation since 2003 & we pride ourselves in the highest level of professionalism & expertise, serving big clientele base in Africa. CDL Human resource consultancy’s mission is to provide you with an unrivaled quality of personnel to increase the effectiveness of your operation. We provide you with the region’s best fit in education, knowledge, skills, and experience to suit your organization’s needs.
Job Summary: The Business Development Manager will lead a professional Sales and Marketing function, generating demand that will consistently deliver growth in alignment with overall organization’s strategy. The incumbent will formulate and execute sales and marketing plans to ensure that the company consistently achieves its growth targets and profitability projections.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and optimize Sales & Marketing Strategy in line with the overall business goals.
- Maintain and develop key relationships within the B to B business category with the strategic customers (partners)
- Build an effective route-to-market strategy within the B to C business category.
- Grow market share by identifying new market opportunities and develop plans to open new markets.
- Monitor and evaluate competitor products and activities for realignment of strategy where necessary.
- Implement effective Business contracts and agreements for Corporate & Trade channels ensuring compliance through the sales team.
- Maintain highest levels of professionalism to ensure customer satisfaction on all customer related matters.
- A comprehensive sales and marketing strategy
- Assess, manage and develop Sales & Marketing team capability
- Develop and cultivate a culture of performance and accountability and discipline within the department.
- Work with the management and principles to ensure adequate skill-based training for self and rest of the sales team.
- Lead the delivery of the annual Business Plan.
- Define and set “stretch” but realistic targets for the respective categories and segments.
- Drive collection of receivables within company KPI’s.
- 100% achievement of set metrics
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Science based degree, Food science & Technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or business-related course advanced degree in Business, Management, Sales and Marketing related field.
- A professional certification in sales and marketing preferably in CIM or master’s degree in Business Development
- At least five years’ experience in Sales Management & Business Development in a competitive commercial environment in a Senior Sales management position.
- Ability to understand and navigate around complex products and manage various principals demands and expectations.
- Experience in B to B selling, preferably servicing food and beverage industries.
- Evidence of having successfully developed and lead the implementation of a new route-to-market strategy for existing and completely new products & services
- Demonstrated understanding of commercial markets and fresh approaches to drive revenue growth
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate long-term relationships, build diverse networks and leverage on these networks to secure new business.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective sales skills and behavior, in order to secure and maintain durable and profitable customer demand.
- Excellent understanding of the impact of decisions and actions on the relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to forge and manage a diverse team, eliciting insights from them for the achievement of the sales strategy
- Creative and naturally curious; comfortable with complexity, and find unconventional solutions by thinking out of the box.
- Results oriented; can work independently with limited supervision, under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent contract negotiation experience with a high rate of successfully closing deals.
- Communication Skills: Must possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills for effective communication with staff, customers and external partners.
- Analytical: Should have the ability to evaluate product/market situations and analyze raw data and information, transforming it into actionable sales strategies and approaches.
- Leadership: Must have a proven and successful ability to lead a group of sales staff towards growth in enhanced sales volumes and enhanced revenue generation, while displaying exceptional leadership skills and confidence.
- Excellent Customer Service, Customer Relationship and interpersonal Skills
- Self-motivated, have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, be adaptable to business growth fluctuations, work comfortably and effortlessly in group settings, be a persuasive and charismatic individual, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and work well under the pressure of stringent deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to influence with integrity
- Energized, positive, passionate and confident.
- Flexible – Must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on business needs which include evenings, weekends and holidays.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 19th June 2019