Business Development Officer (NGO Experience) Jobs – World Vision International
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Senior Resource Development Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Business Development Officer will work within the Resource Development Unit and alongside technical leads in the development of quality project proposals. He/she will support program and proposal development and design for high-value, competitive, complex funding opportunities, in line with World Vision Uganda’s strategy. This includes pursuing grant and private funding opportunities for multi-sectoral and multi-area relief, recovery and development programs. The job holder will also support the creation and promotion of strategic alliances with donors, multilateral agencies, and other NGOs for purposes of resources mobilization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Resource Acquisition and Proposal Writing
- Research and review possible funding opportunities and prepare grant opportunity synopses.
- Work with World Vision Uganda technical leads and support offices to develop high quality, innovative proposals.
- Act as overall coordinator between support offices, partners, technical leads, the grant finance unit and other relevant departments (HR, security, M&E, procurement) during the design process until project start up.
- Be the lead writer on grant proposals.
- Work closely with finance and technical staff to develop budgets.
- Review and improve concepts from field offices to proposal level.
- Coordinate and lead proposal design workshops/meetings.
Grant Acquisition Business Planning
- Support the ongoing monitoring and analysis of new grant opportunities by researching on donor websites, newspaper postings and through support offices.
- Maintain up-to-date mapping on donor contacts, trends and opportunities.
- Support mapping of all funding sources with key stakeholders.
- Support the program strategy and planning process with all functions to ensure alignment with the context, humanitarian needs and strategy as well as operational feasibility and technical quality.
- Support the Senior Resource Development Manager with external representation of World Vision Uganda to local donor delegations and networking with NGOs.
- Liaise with partners and donor, as appropriate, throughout the grant application process.
- Maintain proposal archives.
- Compile and analyse relevant information to inform proposal design and promote learning.
- Support the application of mapping and compiling of program information for sharing as required with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the team in updating and maintaining databases such as Horizon.
- Be flexible to undertake additional tasks, from time to time, in order to enhance the overall performance of the Programme Quality Division and World Vision Uganda in general.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the World Vision Business Development Officer job placement should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations or related field.
- Demonstrated track record in proposal development.
- Experience in working with international donors (US government, European Union, UN, foundations, etc.).
- Work experience in international relief and development.
- Work experience in intercultural teams and/or abroad.
- Self-starter who can work independently under pressure.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent writing skills.
- A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required.
- Understanding of international standards including SPHERE, HAP, Code of Conduct, etc.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Ability to manage work life and work without supervision.
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing and insecure environment
- Computer competence (Microsoft Office).
- Proactive personality, self-driven and strongly motivated.
- Capacity/potential in leadership, relationship management/networking, and coordination.
- Good interpersonal skills, strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven conceptual and analytical skills, ability to take an evidence-based approach to programme design.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 5th July 2019