Chief Credit Officer Employment Opportunity – Bayport Financial Services Uganda Ltd
Organisation: Bayport Financial Services Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Bayport Financial Services Uganda Ltd is part of the Bayport Group (BML) headquartered in Mauritius and working out of Johannesburg, South Africa with Financial Services Operations in over 9 Countries in Africa and South America. In line with our Corporate Objective of continuous improvement and achieving efficiencies in our Country Operations, we invite applications from suitably qualified, professional and experienced candidates for the role of Chief Credit Officer (CCO) within the Bayport Uganda Business at MANCO level.
Job Title: Chief Credit Officer (CCO)
Working with the Chief Executive Officer and a member of MANCO, the Chief Credit Officer (CCO) is one of the Senior Management Member responsible for the entire credit performance from origination, coding, collection and overall proficiency of the Credit function.
The Chief Credit Officer is responsible for the overall Credit strategy, policies and management of the projects implementation framework in credit, Credit administration and Credit operations of the business of Bayport Uganda. The incumbent is further responsible for ensuring that Bayport Uganda retains its competitive edge and advantage within the microfinance space in Uganda by ensuring continuous re-engineering of the country processes, progressive updates of the country offerings and cultivating and retaining a robust relationship management platform within the industry and the wider stakeholder forum, specifically with and Regulator and the wider Government Apparatus to deliver on this credit objective in Uganda. He or She will coordinate and partner appropriately with the business growth and operations leadership to deliver value and competitive advantage for the business and ensure an efficient and effective management of the resources of the department. Ultimately, the incumbent is expected to ensure that the efficiencies in performance exceeds the group and country expectation, with a minimum delivery of 95% across all measured Key Performance Indicators for the Credit Function.
Summary of Accountability and Responsibility:
- Plan and coordinate management of all credit functions by providing management oversite on Origination and Coding, Receipting and Refunds, Disbursement and Cash Management, Collection Efficiency, OPC Functionality, Alternative Recovery Credit Operations and EDC Functionality.
- Drive all credit activities including the mobilization of borrowers, review, underwriting and approval of loans and the timely recovery of all disbursed loans.
- Track trends in the financial services industry and propose adjustments/changes to the company’s credit policies, strategy, processes and procedures to ensure the company retains its competitive advantage within the civil service microfinance and retail lending business space in Uganda.
- Apply professional insight and understanding to the management of the company’s entire loan portfolio and ensure portfolio growth.
- Ensure the company’s compliance with all regulatory requirements in the areas of credit, including but not limited to compliance with lending limits, sector caps, loan portfolio performance and performance classification. Also ensure compliance with regulatory reporting timelines and compliance with all Regulatory prescriptions from a credit perspective at all times.
- Provide credit risk management expertise and advice to management through regular feedback using competent statistical tools and financial projection outputs for the formulation/annual update of the strategic plan, corporate budget and division’s plan and budget;
- Ensure regularization of the excesses/installment arrears in line with Credit Policy and in close collaboration with sales team, branch managers and internal control teams;
- Participate in the continual review and update of the company’s credit policies, guidelines, and practices, in line with changes in credit risk and the company’s business priorities;
- Provide necessary guidance and leadership to subordinate teams and ensure effective execution of all Management, Group and Board recommendations and directives to the Credit Function
- Review the daily and periodic Credit functional reports and ensure timely generation/compilation of management information reports and feedback to the Business and the Group Credit Teams.
- Monitor daily movement of credit portfolio and ensure a healthy business portfolio throughout the year ensuring that overall Portfolio at Risk does not exceed 10% of total portfolio and achieve and eventually keep the Non-Performing Portfolio at below 5% of Realized Debtor Book value by achieving a minimum consistent 98% first cycle coding measures with corresponding minimal monthly payroll cash collection of 96% of RDR Portfolio.
- Ensure that credit delivery is effective, responsive and meets customer satisfaction; and ensure oversight over the recovery of non-performing assets and provide remedial actions for all overdue recoveries.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate should be having a minimum of 10 years of Banking or Microfinance Institution experience with at least 5 years of senior Management experience in handling and directly supervising the Credit Department or a very busy Unit or Section of the Credit Department with a minimum of 5 direct or indirect reports and should currently be actively employed; and must possess a minimum of a good Bachelor’s degree from a reputable organization.
Areas of Deployment: Kampala with multiple movement to Bayport Uganda upcountry Branch operations in over 52 locations.
How to Apply:
Qualifying candidates can send their applications with a signed formal application letter, Detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of Previous and current employment documents and certified academic documents and any other relevant supporting documentations to The Senior Supervisor Human Resources, Bayport Financial Services, Plot 4, Kyandondo Road, Trust Tower, Kampala, PO Box 1171, Kampala, Uganda Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org; indicating on the left top corner of the application envelop and if email application on the subject matter role applied for and name of applicant.
Deadline: Monday 17th February, 2020;
NB: If not contacted by Tuesday 18th February, 2020, please consider your application as having been unsuccessful. Electronic Applications should not exceed 10Mbs.