Chief Engineer Job Placement – Q-sourcing Limited
Organisation: Q-Sourcing Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Makerere University News Updates for 2019 - 2020
Q-Sourcing Limited is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Kampala based clients, we are looking for competent and experienced Chief Engineer.
Job Summary: The Chief Engineer will manage the operation and administration of the Maintenance Department to ensure all hotel structures, furnishings, and equipment are optimally functional and aesthetically pleasing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To satisfactorily perform routine administrative tasks as directed, including purchasing; supply and equipment inventory control; processing maintenance requests; report production; file maintenance and initiating and handling check requests, P.O.’s, and personnel transactions reports.
- To research and interview vendors to obtain the best price and availability of maintenance supplies.
- To hire, train, schedule, support, review, discipline, and terminate employees directly accountable to his/her position, to maintain highest possible levels of employee morale and department productivity.
- To review and prioritize all daily work orders, interfacing with the General Manager when necessary.
- To oversee and administrate the property preventive maintenance programs to ensure consistent, reliable operation of systems and to minimize downtime and loss.
- To participate in regular inspections of the entire property
- To initiate or review all Maintenance Department capital expenditure requests prior to approval of the General Manager.
- To continually monitor service and quality standards as measured by guest correspondence, and other complaint.
- To monitor efficiency, consumption, and hotel allocation of natural gas, electricity, and other fuel sources.
- To monitor conditions, operational quality, and maintenance of hotel vehicles.
- To ensure that service and quality standards are maintained by engineering staff personnel consistent with a luxury resort hotel.
- To schedule, coordinate, and inspect all rooms-related Preventative Maintenance, rooms refurbishment, and public area projects on a regular basis.
- To assist management in determining the necessity and viability of outside contractors, and to investigate contractors and submit recommendations for final approval.
- To act as hotel liaison with outside contractors and agencies when involved in major rehabilitation projects and facility additions
- To prepare annual departmental budget, according to the specifications set forth by the General Manager with the assistance of the Director of Finance.
- To continually monitor and control departmental expenditures to ensure meeting operational standards while maintaining annual budget and operating margins.
- To put out to bid, annually, all major vendor supplies needed for departmental operations. To participate inorganization’s MOD program, and attend hotel functions, as directed.
- To follow all specified procedures to correctly handle cash.
- To properly document Personnel/Payroll transactions, as directed, for processing in the Personnel office.
- To understand and respond to all guest requests in a timely and professional manner.
- To promote and comply with all policies and procedures of organization
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
- To maintain the cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.
- To practice safe work habits at all times, to avoid injury to self and others, including the safe operation of all power-driven machinery.
- To ensure safe work practices of all Maintenance staff, including compliance with company and departmental safety rules and regulations and the proper use and handling of all relevant equipment.
- To ensure departmental safety training for all new Maintenance employees before they begin to work.
- To conduct regular departmental operations meetings, including monthly safety meetings which should be documented for OSHA compliance.
- To ensure proper use, storage, and labelling of all hazardous chemicals used by Maintenance employees, in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as directed.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and any related field
- 4-5 years’ experience in the similar field of engineering, maintenance of facilities etc.
- A total commitment to team working
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, diagrams, and blue prints of all trades.
- Mastery of one or more building trades required.
- Requires “hands-on” working knowledge of the following systems and their related components: HVAC/R, electrical, plumbing, commercial kitchen, water features, and general building construction.
- Requires current certification for servicing refrigerant containing systems, in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Familiarity with Word and Excel helpful.
- Familiar with hospitality industry budgetary and accounting procedures.
- Familiar with general maintenance requirements of luxury hotel environment.
- Familiar with OSHA, local Department of Health regulations, and relevant current laws governing handling of hazardous substances.
- Must be able to distinguish colors, including pastels. Hotel experience preferred.
How to Apply
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to send a comprehensive CV by e-mail email@example.com
Kindly mark your application as “Application _ Chief Engineer “In the subject line of your email.
The interested candidates should submit their application and CV
Friday 21st– 2019 by 5:00 pm
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification