Chief Logistics & Production Officer Employment Placement – Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL)
Organization: Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director
Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) was incorporated on April 1, 2001 as a successor distribution company following the unbundling of Uganda Electricity Board. It is fully owned by the Government of Uganda. The company monitors Umeme Ltd investment and has an ERA license to distribute power in eight service territories covering over 60 districts of Uganda. Its mandate also includes managing of the pole treatment plant at Lugogo plus execution of some rural electrification schemes on behalf of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
Job Summary: The Chief Logistics & Production Officer (CLPO) will provide leadership to the pole plant team, Stores, Logistics & Fleet Management, and direct all departmental activities towards achieving the departmental goals. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and direct all activities at the Logistics & Production department in line with UEDCL strategy
- Design, develop and implement all corporate strategies for the Logistics & Production department in line with the company strategic direction.
- Oversight role for all stores and make final approvals for all issues and receipts of materials in the stores in accordance with the stores operating procedures
- Provide oversight roles for planning and managing the pole plant production, quality standards and the plant’s efficiency
- Develop and implement an appropriate fleet management system that ensures effective and efficient utilisation of the entire organisational fleet in line with the industry best practices.
- Develop and implement appropriate stores management procedures for materials acquired under donor-aided projects.
- Organise training and development programmes for department staff in line with the Human resource policy.
- Carry out performance assessments and appraisals for staff in the department in line with the company’s Human resource policy.
- Carry out market research and ensure key inputs like poles and creosote are in constant and efficient supply employees in the Logistics & Production department in line with the safety guidelines and policies.
- Review and monitor implementation of risk management in the department in line with the company’s risk policy.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual departmental reports for Management review and action.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a Business/Manufacturing related course like Logistics, Economics, Administration, Finance or Accounting and a Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) from a recognized university.
- Professional qualification to the related institution is a MUST.
- At least seven years of experience in a recognized public or private organization in a senior management position.
- Experience in production planning and Logistics management including fleet is required.
- Excellent negotiation, oral and written communication skills plus the ability to work amidst tight deadlines.
- Computer literacy with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office, PowerPoint presentations, database management systems, etc.
How to Apply:
All candidates should upload and updated CV (clearly indicating 3 referees and their contacts), cover letter, and copies of academic documents at the link below. Clearly indicate the Position applied for in the subject line.
Address your application to:
The Head Human Resource & Administration,
UEDCL Tower, Sixth Floor
Plot 37 Nakasero Road, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: Monday 21 September, 2020 by 5:00pm