Chief Operating Officer, Upstream Job Placements – Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC
Organization: Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
The Uganda National Company Limited (UNOC) was established under section 42 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act and Section 7 of the Petroleum (Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Midstream Storage) Act, both of 2013, and incorporated under the Companies Act 2012, in June 2015. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda.
The Company’s key mandate is to handle the State’s commercial interests in the oil and gas industry and ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.
Job Summary: Provide overall leadership in the oil and gas exploration, production development and health, safety, security and environmental activities of the company in the upstream business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in managing the strategic interests of the company in the upstream business.
- Identify, assess, analyze and recommend oil and gas investment opportunities in the Upstream.
- Participate in negotiations relevant to Upstream Agreements relating to production, development, supply and sale of oil and gas.
- Develop UNOC priority policies, procedures and manuals related to Upstream and ensure compliance.
- Provide leadership in participation and monitoring Joint Venture Partners progress and activities.
- Develop and implement a roadmap to acquire exploration licenses.
- Lead the process of attaining all priority industry certifications and standards (ISO, etc.)
- Develop and execute the Upstream department workplan and budgets and provide periodic progress on the same.
- Define competency and talent management requirements for Upstream.
- Identify capacity building needs and propose capacity development programs for the staff in the department.
- Provide leadership in the Company Health, Safety, Security and Environmental policy Development, execution and compliance.
- Supervise, appraise and guide staff in the department.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Masters in either Petroleum Geosciences or Petroleum Engineering or any other relevant field.
- Master of Business Administration will be an added advantage
- Bachelor of Science (Bsc) Hons in either in Geology and Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics,
- Petroleum Geosciences & Production, Oil and Gas Management, Petroleum Engineering or other relevant honours degree.
- Possession of the relevant professional membership is an added advantage
- At least twelve years’ experience in Petroleum Operations 8 of which at supervisory level
- Must have experience in negotiating Production Sharing Agreements (PSA’s), Joint Operating Agreements (JOA’s) or other relevant oil and gas agreements.
- Must have knowledge of Ugandan Oil and Gas regulatory frameworks.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of managing oil and gas development and production operations.
- Must have good knowledge of Oil and Gas Health & Safety standards and operational procedures.
- Must have knowledge hands-on experience in geological analysis and integration software suites, such as PETREL.
- Should have effective communication skills.
- Should be a person of high integrity.
- Should have good analytical and critical thinking skills
How to Apply:
Electronically completed and signed Applications Forms together with certified copies of academic certificates should be addressed and submitted to the address below.
Applications must include a cover letter, application form and supporting documents.
While we thank you for your interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Job Application Form can be downloaded here
Applications should be submitted online to: email@example.com
Chief Executive Officer
Uganda National Oil Company
Plot 15, Yusuf Lule Road
Deadline: Monday 10th August 2020 at 5:00 pm