Child Protection Officer UNHCR Project Jobs – Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA)
Job Title: Child Protection Officer
Organisation: Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA)
Funding Source: UNHCR
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Protection Manager
Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA) is an international African humanitarian and development organization that positively contributes towards improving the living standards and conditions of those adversely affected by disasters and conflict in the Horn, East & Central Africa by implementing WASH, Health, Education, Livelihoods, Community service & development and Protection programs in the region for a period of more than 20 years.
About UNHCR Project:
HIJRA with funding from the UNHCR in Uganda is implementing a multi-sectoral Program for refugees in Oruchinga settlement (Isingiro district), Nakivale settlement (Isingiro district), Nyakabande Transit Center (Kisoro district) and Kyangwali Settlement (Hoima District).
Job Summary: The Child Protection Officer is responsible for leading a small team in identifying, assessing, and managing cases of children at risk. The role involves working directly with vulnerable children who are at risk of harm or abuse, as well as working with their families and carers, to introduce measures to improve family behavior and protect children.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance and direction for effective planning, implementation and monitoring of agreed child protection interventions
- Lead a small team to ensure protection of children from all forms of abuse, violence, exploitation and neglect working closely with children, their families and communities.
- Ensure proper child protection case management including information management.
- Implement Child Protection policies, BID and BIA procedures, and existing SOPs (including fraud prevention SOPs)
- Ensure that BID reports are in compliance with UNHCR protection principles as well as best international practice and organize BID Panels.
- Prepare quality and timely child protection reports on a weekly, monthly and Quarterly basis
- Promote meaningful child participation throughout the project.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the HIJRA Child Protection Officer job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or other related field.
- Three years of work experience in the same field of development and humanitarian work and NGOs.
- Previous experience working with children including interviewing and communicating with children
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills with excellent reporting & writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skill and communication skills.
- An excellent command of verbal and written English.
- Good knowledge of Ms-Word and Ms-Excel.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an application letter and Curriculum Vitae including telephone and email contacts of three referees including your current/most recent employer.
Application should be addressed to the:
Country Program Manager,
Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA),
P.O. Box 37703, Kampala, Uganda.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read: “Position Title”
NB: Please note that interviews will be done on a rolling basis given the urgency of the positions.
Deadline: 18th January 2019
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020