Clinical Quality Assurance Senior Program Officer Job Careers – Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA)
Organization: Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Job Summary: The Senior Program Officer – Clinical Quality Assurance is a new leadership position based in Uganda to ensure leadership onquality of care including providing training, mentoring and supervision and representing PP Global in the Ministry of Health and at national and international fora.This job reports to the Associate Regional Director, Service Delivery in the Africa Regional Office of PP Global. The Africa Regional Office based in Nairobi provides technical, programmatic and financial support to local NGOs within the region. This is an exciting new clinical leadership position based in Uganda. The Clinical Quality Assurance – Senior Program Officer, Service delivery will work with local partner organizations to provide clinical expertise, implement and recommend strategies to improve and ensure quality of care, client safety and regulatory compliance for all program health areas consistent with Planned Parenthood Global (PP Global), and the MOH- Uganda standards and guidelines on Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Family Planning Care and service (RMNCAH/FP).
The Clinical Quality Assurance Senior Program Officer (CQA SPO) role is responsible for supporting the clinical quality care for local partners supported facilities in Uganda. The CQA-SPO will be critical in the coordination and implementation of all clinical governance assurance across the PP Global Network by coordinating internal clinical audits, skill competency assessment, action plan tracking for facilities , and training in SRHR practice according to the PP Global and MOH guidelines. The CQA-SPO will manage and disseminate information on quality of care plans, report on progress and assessment finding, ensure strategic use of the quality data result to improve clinical performance.
The CQA-SPO will work with partners to shape, grow and strengthen the Programmatic, Institutional and Financial capacity to implement sustainable sexual and reproductive health programs in line with their respective mission.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide best in class quality of care that includes counseling and clinical oversight, technical support and assistance in the planning, implementation, and oversight in support implementation of SRHR program with a focus on clinical services.
- Support and coordinate partners efforts and response towards managing epidemics and Pandemics activities including; advice on best strategies for infection prevention and control, Quality of care and Management of various conditions including pandemic- COVID19.
- Support Partner training toensure quality Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRHR) services, especially CAC and contraception, provide updates to the World Health Organization (WHO) standards of Operations -SOPs on SRHR and support training of health professionals in infection prevention and control (IPC).
- Experience in providing leadership in innovative ways to accelerate SRHR service delivery, including testing self-care, self-administration, and new digital technologies for providing services.
- Develops and maintains clinical SOPs as well as obtains requested information, resolves problems, and identifies opportunities for improvement;
- Conducts drills, reviews and evaluates patients’ medical records, to ensure competence and compliance to SOPs among providers to inform mentorship/coaching needs and regularly notifies partners management of quality/compliance trends and service failures.
- Manage and supervise partners teams of quality assurance supervisors who routinely audit providers/ facilities on their clinical quality and adherence
- Reviews, monitor and tracks risk management guidelines and procedures for adverse results, respond to routine supervision on quality issues and reports of adverse results
- Support internal medical audit and coordinates external assessment to verify that facility procedures and records are in conformance to applicable SOP and regulatory requirements, and recommends appropriate data-gathering mechanisms, procedures,Provide guidance and advice on implementation of new or emerging high-quality services delivery initiatives/ services including youth friendly services.
- Apply cutting edge quality improvement methods to translate best practices into improved management of FP/PAC services with partners
- Disseminate best practices including article and abstract write ups and publication.
- In consultation with Africa Regional Office (ARO) technical teams, tailor training and Technical Assistance –(TA) to ensure programmatic, organizational and financial strengthening of partner organizations.
- Works with PP Global staff and partner organizations to develop/adopt clinical models of care, materials and technical tools/curricula.
- Coordinate the assessment and analysis of clinical service delivery issues that promote as well as impede access to care by working with partners to develop and test appropriate strategies for sustainability of services.
- Writes program reports and collaborates with regional and HQ staff on writing proposals.
- Completes special projects as assigned and required.
- Regularly interacts with the Country and Regional staff and collaborates with HQ- New York and Washington DC office staff, as appropriate to ensure work is on time and meets performance goals. Divisional policy, work plan and project needs determine the nature and frequency of external contacts. These include a well-defined constituency that has a moderate influence on regional office activities, assigned projects or operations.
- Requires regular contact with in-country partners, colleagues, and sister organizations, in order to advance the interests of PP Global.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Medicine, Clinical/ Nursing and medical training – (MBChB, BSC- Clinical medicine or BSN- Nursing) and other related health training. Public Health and Reproductive Health training is an added advantage.
- At least five years’ experience of working in a clinical setting with civil Society organization or MOH in the area of SRH quality improvement or Community Health Programs, with experience in in SRHR quality care improvement
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills in implementation of clinical interventions in the context of developing countries and management of clinical data and databases
- Experience in knowledge management, specifically in the area of public health/ healthcare
- Demonstrated ability to work with various partners including privates’ sector health providers, NGOS, MOH, Local governments and partnership management
- Strong understanding of the clinical aspects of reproductive health services, including Comprehensive Abortion Care (CAC)and landscape in Uganda and demonstrated ability to mentor partner clinical staff and health providers:
- Ten years experience in project management- (Designing, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation) and working with programs to identify and address training and Clinical quality assurance technical assistance needs, preferably with a reproductive health and rights focus.
- Preference will be given to candidates with NGO experience and experience working in sexual and reproductive health multi-sector programs
- Strong external liaison and negotiation skills with experience to fostering partnerships between government and other stakeholders to improve health systems performance and build partner capacity.
- Familiar with Uganda MoH policies, practice and protocols
- Must have experience conducting health care trainings
- Related Knowledge: Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to synthesize information and generate persuasive and clear verbal and written communications; strong time management.
- Skills and abilityto multitask and meet deadlines with a keen attention to details and follow through; self-directed; and able to anticipate, prioritize, and manage tasks.
- High level of interpersonal, technical and analytical skills including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with a broad range of public and private sector and other key stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills. Must demonstrate good interpersonal and negotiation skills, in addition to ability to work autonomously, using good decision making and computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet and statistical analysis applications).
- Analytical problem solving using systematic approaches to analyze and propose solutions is part of everyday activities, and cultural sensitivity is imperative. Knowledge of reproductive health issues.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their application letter, CV and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Quality Assurance -Senior Program Officer – Uganda” as the subject.
Deadline: 22nd May 2020