Club Manager Employment Opportunity – Uganda Golf Club
Organization: Uganda Golf Club
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda Golf Club is an 18-hole course set right in the heart of Kampala City. The Club has held out to remain the last expansive stretch of greenery in the city, a welcoming haven in the bustling Capital.
Job Summary: The Club Manager is accountable for the financial performance and all areas of operations for the Club, and on a daily basis directly manages all clubhouse functions and will ensure the synergism of all Club activities.
The Club Manager is the ManCom’s bridge to the staff and committees and enables ManCom to avoid the difficulties and short-term focus that is the staff’s responsibility.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Club Manager will provide day to day overall management of the Club and be physically at the Club the majority of the me to communicate with the membership and assist staff in the operation of the Club’s activities.
- To have executive responsibility for all aspects of the administration of the Club and its premises within the framework of the Club’s Business Plan, policies, procedures and budgets
- To achieve high performance from all staff by utilizing effective leadership and management techniques.
- The Club Manager will lead the development of implementing and monitoring the processes to attract new members and revenue creating events. Club activities are developed by both management staff and committees.
- The Club Manager should ensure that the Club is compliant with regulatory requirements (Food, Liquor, Health, etc.)
- To be the first point of contact for members and visitors and to promote the Club externally and internally in a professional and friendly manner, enhancing the reputation of the Club.
- To manage communication within the clubhouse, including keeping notice boards up-to-date and relevant, ensuring competitions, social events and other club activities are promoted.
- Manage communication with the Captain, Board and Committee, ensuring regular and timely updates of all matters of importance affecting the well-being of the Club and its members,
- To obtain and interpret regular feedback from members and visitors concerning all aspects of the Club’s operation.
- Manage the Club’s administration in a structured and efficient manner including subscriptions, invoicing, member events, committee meeting minutes and communication.
- In conjunction with the House Supervisor, ensure that the Club’s property assets are maintained to a high standard. Regular reviews will identify maintenance and investment requirements for priorization and approval by the Management Committee.
- Actively support Board and Committee meetings seeking to identify, recommend and deliver improvements and efficiencies to aid the finances and the operation of the Club.
- Control all insurance and security issues ensuring that all risks are adequately covered.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and local government legislative requirements including but not limited to Licensing, Health & Safety, Employment.
- To maintain and update the Club’s policies and procedures as appropriate.
- The Club Manager is responsible for monitoring the financial health of the Club, working hand in hand with the ManCom and Finance Committee in the preparation of the Club’s ongoing Business Plan and Annual Budget.
- In conjunction with the Finance Assistant Manager, monitor actual performance and key variances with monthly reports to the Committee.
- Ensure regular stock takes are conducted with investigation of material variances.
- Ensure financial processes and controls maximize cash flow for the Club through prompt invoicing, credit control and banking.
- Ensure that the purchasing of revenue and capital items is controlled and documented; seeking best value for the Club at all times.
- In conjunction with the appropriate Committee member(s), project manage the delivery of capital projects in line with the agreed Business Plan and Budget.
- Reconcile and control all of the Club’s income streams – Bar, Membership Subscriptions, Green Fees and Sponsorships.
- In conjunction with the Club’s External Accountant ensure that all period end reporting deadlines are met.
- Provide monthly payroll data to the Club’s External Accountant and check outputs
- Ensure that VAT and PAYE an NSSF are submitted and paid by the due dates.
People management and leadership Roles;
- To provide effective leadership, giving direction to staff and motivating and supporting them to achieve individual and team objectives
- Manage the recruitment, training and development of the Club’s staff.
- Ensure consistent high standards of staff performance through the use of effective performance management techniques. This will include the provision of ongoing direction and the setting and monitoring of clear goals and targets for all staff.
- Liaise with the House Supervisor, Bar Supervisor and Caterer to ensure that the bar and catering offer good quality customers service meeting member and visitor expectations in a profitable manner.
- Work closely with the Club Professionals to maximize the benefits of their services to members and visitors.
- In conjunction with the course manager, Senior Green keeper ensure that the course and course plan machinery are maintained and developed in line with Club’s Business Plan.
- Chair regular meetings with all Direct Reports to ensure a co-ordinated, welcoming and informative service is provided to members and visitors.
- Ensure that acceptable standards of behavior are adhered to on Club property
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a University degree in Business Administration or any related field.
- Four years of working experience
- Good leadership and interpersonal / people management skills
- “Hands on” flexible approach
- Good communicator – verbal and written
- Previous experience of business development and growing revenue streams
- Excellent IT skills – MS Office packages, social media
- Working knowledge of licensing law, employment law, health and safety legislation and risk management
- An appreciation of golf and the expectations / traditions of a members’ club
- A willingness to work flexible hours to meet the demands of the position
How to Apply:
All candidates should Email an updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline: 6th December 2019
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE