Club Manager Job Placement – Entebbe Golf Club
Organisation: Entebbe Golf Club
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Entebbe Golf Club is one of the oldest and best courses in East Africa. Founded in 1901, Entebbe Golf Course is located in Entebbe; Uganda on the banks of Lake Victoria. The course is playable all year round and also features 2 tennis courts, 1 basketball court, a cricket oval, darts and snooker.
Job Summary: The Club Manager will work closely with the Executive committee to prepare and regularly review the business plan, regularly review plans to take into account changes in the environment in which the facility operates, making recommendations for capital improvements, supplies and equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To draw up, implement and continuously monitor operational plans for the Club.
- To continuously review and develop standard operating procedures for the Club to ensure maximum customer satisfaction whilst maximising revenue and profitability.
- Oversee the business aspects of the bar, such as negotiating supplier contracts, taking inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets, and setting goals.
- To produce regular reports on stock control, course utilisation, sales and marketing activity and human resources.
- To oversee the care and maintenance of all the physical assets of the golf club, taking regular walks of the facility in order to identify maintenance issues.
- To manage the membership process and the maintenance of the membership records.
- To communicate regularly and effectively with all staff within the club.
- To provide effective leadership, giving direction to staff and motivating and supporting them to achieve individual and team objectives.
- To produce and manage staff scheduling procedures, monitoring their effectiveness to ensure operational requirements are met and a high level of customer service is maintained at all times.
- To manage, control and oversee the day-to-day working tasks of all members of staff.
- To recruit, induct and monitor the development of the staff and complete regular performance reviews.
- To ensure all Human Resource issues are managed professionally, consistently and fairly, ensuring compliance with up- to-date legislation.
- To manage on site accounting, payroll, purchasing, inventories, banking, cash flow and establish and maintain controls to safeguard funds and assets.
- To ensure that robust financial control procedures are in place for the handling of all payment and receipts.
- To work in close contact with the Treasurer, maintaining the required records for monthly and annual accounting of income and expenditure and for monitoring financial progress over the year.
- To monitor the duties of accounting staff in keeping payroll records, including casual labour, accounting for taxes and submitting all statutory returns by due date.
- To ensure that the accounts are maintained in accordance with the generally accepted principles in consultation with the Treasurer.
- To establish and monitor compliance with all purchasing policies and procedures.
Marketing & Customer Service
- To develop a coordinated sales and marketing strategy covering all areas of golf operation.
- To ensure that all promotional activity is properly structured, communicated and delivered.
- To create ongoing in-house promotions and activities to stimulate revenue in different areas of golf operations.
- To ensure that the team consistently deliver excellent customer service, thereby achieving maximum customer satisfaction.
- To be proactive in developing publicity opportunities and effectively dealing with the media.
- To maintain and update all relevant internal and external signage
- To communicate effectively with Club sponsors, members and media agencies
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma, A level or professional qualifications
- Management experience or hotel management experience is generally preferred
- Understanding of how the operation of each of the following areas can impact on the golf business: Corporate functions/events, Golf Club administration, Golf Course maintenance and Food & Beverages.
- Knowledge of budgets, services, and equipment relating to golf facilities
- An understanding of golf and its traditions and a willingness to work flexible hours to meet the demand of the position.
- Experience of working with sponsors.
- IT literate.
- Knowledge of writing business reports
- Key attributes
- People focused; Leader, able to influence, motivator, team builder, coaching and mentoring style, ‘no problem’ mentality, positive, strong interpersonal skills – able to foster relationships with the members and guests, with co workers, service staff and other employees.
- Business acumen; Results orientated, decisive, plans and prioritises, willing and able to deliver change.
- Personal traits Maturity of character, customer focused, good time manager, self-motivated, creative: thinks outside the box, flexible, effective and natural communicator, effective negotiator, strong presentation skills, logical thinker, pays attention to detail, uses initiative, confident and prepared to challenge, energetic.
- Planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated high levels of integrity
How to Apply:
All applicants will submit their applications enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae and daytime telephone contact to:
P.O. BOX 107, Entebbe, Uganda
Deadline: 23rd February 2019
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE