Cluster Coordinator Job Careers – Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Organization: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Programs Manager
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative bio – medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
Job Summary: The Cluster Coordinator holder will be the key district liaison officer for the project responsible for the day-to-day operations of the regional Cluster office. In collaboration with DHTs, health facilities and other stakeholders, s/he will be accountable for ensuring that all project outputs/outcomes in the given districts are achieved through effective management of project inputs. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and overall supervision for project teams and Cluster activities
- Offer Technical and administration oversight of project activities in liaison with the Deputy project Manager.
- Support Joint work planning & budgeting of the staff in the cluster
- Support performance management (achievements against targets Vs costs)
- Support staff administration & logistic management in the cluster
- Carry out frequent monitoring and supportive supervision visits to health facilities.
- Coordinate with other units including DHT and other stakeholders within the project areas.
- Organize and participate in regular cluster review meetings for the teams in the cluster
- Serve as a principal liaison between the district local government and the Project. This involves:
- Supporting monitoring of the district-led programming and sub-granting to districts.
- Attending key meetings & functions in the districts;
- Routine: DAC, DHTs, Quarterly review meetings, DOVCCs,
- Non-Routine: Courtesy calls, Impromptu meetings
- Functions: World AIDS day, etc
- Identifying district specific needs & barriers to implementation of district-led programming and propose / refer them to right persons for corrective action.
- Providing technical assistance to DHTs regarding managing of sub-grants and financial agreements.
- Coordinate and adapt lessons learned from HSS activities to further strengthen and expand interventions to achieve the Project goals.
- Conducting capacity building and technical assistance to the DHT and HFs.
- Assessing compliance of the partner districts to the terms and conditions of the partnerships.
- Overseeing the monitoring of RHSP supported CBOs in the cluster (both technical & financial)
- Any other assigned duties in line with your role
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB)
- Training in HIV/AIDS care and management is essential
- Training in project planning and management will be an added advantage.
- A postgraduate degree in Public Health, Medicine, or a management related field will be an added advantage.
- At least two years relevant experience in implementing public Health/HIV/AIDS related projects at decentralized level.
- Experience working with district health systems and managing project teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of PEPFAR/US government programming policies and regulations, procedures and practices, Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with the DHTs and HFs.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in HIV/AIDS programming issues.
- Project planning and management skills
How to Apply:
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates, addressed to the HR Manager to email@example.com . Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Deadline: Tuesday 4th August 2020 by 5:00pm