Communication Officer Jobs – Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Organization: Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Business Development Manager
Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is a National Ugandan Organization that was established in 1991 as a Medical Institution and HIV/AIDS Centre of Excellence specializing in Medical Research, Health Care and Training.
Job Summary: The Communication Officer will be responsible for promoting the visibility of Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC), and Lead the rebranding strategies among others.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in promoting JCRC in the press, liaising with journalists, editing and issuing press releases and arranging media engagements and interviews.
- Accelerating the visibility of JCRC among its partners, government departments and the general population.
- Maintaining new and existing relationships between JCRC, collaborative partners and the outside.
- Taking the lead with the assistance of ICT in maintaining of the official JCRC website and social media accounts, keeping them up to date, attractive and informative.
- Being a point of contact for telephone & email enquiries about JCRC.
- Supporting the efforts of research and grants writing and application.
- Working closely with the Business Development Manager to undertake worthwhile marketing activity.
- Sourcing and developing in house and outsourced marketing material, quality images and video to promote JCRC activities.
- Assisting with an occasional lead on production of publicity materials, including email updates, newsletters, leaflets and posters to promote the work of JCRC.
- Accounting for money on visits/functions and submitting expense forms in line with expected standards.
- Minute taking and preparing detailed reports on key meetings and events.
- Taking on such other tasks as delegated by the Business Development Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) Communication Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in humanities with a bias to Mass Communication.
- Three to five years of communication working experience with preferably a medical institution.
- Must have above-average communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have proven ability to build relationships with diverse types of people, and be confident in working with very senior people and external parties.
- Must be exceptionally well organized with experience of working effectively under pressure, to tight deadlines, for long hours, whilst retaining good humour.
- Must be computer literate, able to use Microsoft, Word and Excel.
How to Apply:
All applications must be addressed to: Director, Finance & Administration, Joint Clinical Research Centre strictly by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 12th July 2019
Latest Ugandan Jobs and Vacancies