Communications Officer Jobs – Agricultural Business Initiative (aBi) Trust
Organization: Agricultural Business Initiative (aBi) Trust
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Advocacy & Communications Manager
The Agricultural Business Initiative (aBi) Trust is supporting agribusiness development in the private sector to achieve the objective of the Government of Uganda’s Competitiveness and Investment Climate Strategy (CICS). The Trust is a multi-donor entity jointly founded by the Governments of Denmark and Uganda. The mandate of aBi Trust is to support the private sector actors to increase their contribution to the agricultural sector by increasing land and labour productivity, and market competitiveness thereby contributing to poverty reduction through economic growth, wealth, and employment creation.
Job Summary: The Communications Officer will provide support to the Advocacy & Communications unit in content development and analysis, stakeholder/ media houses management and updating social media platforms resulting in positioning of aBi as a critical facilitator and expert in the sector, and increase the awareness about its purpose and achievements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organise and coordinate aBi’s Communication & advocacy events and campaigns supporting the implementation of the Advocacy, Influencing & Communication plan
- Manage the day to day updating of aBi’s Website, working with the technical team to ensure accurate information is uploaded and queries/ comments are provided with the appropriate response
- Provide administrative support to the organisation by coordinating the collection of reports, publications, case studies and presentations; distribution of communication and administrative management of Communications data/ information
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Mass Communication
- Member of Public Relations Association Uganda
- Job related experience and knowledge:
- At least five years of experience working in a media environment
- Experience in Marketing (particularly brand management and awareness)
- Good understanding of information technology and the role of social media in modern marketing
- Proven experience of developing good public relationships and working with media houses
- Demonstrated skills in logistics management and coordination
- Highly developed writing and creativity skills, capable of developing content for promotional materials in a compelling and effective way
- Demonstrated ability to manage events – experience in publicity campaigns
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the Position Title in the email subject line.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to disqualification. Hardcopy applications will not be accepted.
Deadline: Friday 20th December 2019 by 5:00 pm.