Communications Officer NGO Jobs – Fields of Life (FOL)
Organisation: Fields of Life (FOL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Fields of Life Uganda is a charitable organization that has been operating in Uganda since 1993. FOL-Uganda services are delivered through a community and faith based intervention model. We envision a society where vulnerable and marginalized people’s lives are changed, their communities transformed and their hope built through our faith-based approach to development work.
Job Summary: The Communications Officer will provide a lead role on the management of the communication with a sole purpose of attaining efficiency and effectiveness in achieving the vision, mission and the goal of the organisation. The post holder has responsibility for administering and coordinating the communication processes in the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a clear communications protocol for the organization ensuring that this is consistent with the guidelines and principles of Fields of Life
- Implement and monitor the delivery of the communications strategy and plan;
- Formulate media information packages to mark international days relating the organisation’s thematic areas
- Develop, review and edit organisational documents to be shared with stakeholders
- Conceptualize, develop and package various information materials on Fields of Life work for communications / publicity purposes (e.g. brochures, briefing kits, magazines, annual reports, Field notes, videos, etc.);
- As part of the communications strategy and plan, produce and disseminate newsletters and other publications for both external and internal stakeholders;
- Liaise and maintain contact with all stakeholders in implementing the communication strategy
- Keep abreast with the initiatives of FOL HQ and adapt in the communication and media work
- Draw up budgets for communications and media work and activities
- Carries out any other duties as requested by Management.
Administration: Carries out administrative duties associated with the completion of the duties and tasks of the Communications Executive
- Monthly reports submitted to the line manager and copy to the Head of Programs
- Quarterly reports developed in line with the approved communication work plan and approved to guide implementations including achievements, challenges with action taken and success story for the interventions taken.
- Develop and maintain a very good data base for all the photo, videos and success stories.
- Gender: Mainstream gender in communication activities and promote a gender sensitive environment in your work.
- Risk Management: identify possible risks to FOL’s operations and report in a timely manner.
- Outreach: Support FOL staff, partners and supported communities including children to get deeper understanding and appreciation of the role of faith in development.
- Child protection: Adhere to FOL’s child protection policy and code of conduct; prevent, identify, report and respond to child protection issues and incorporate CP in communication activities
Key Results Areas:
- Develop a communication strategy
- Development of program specific information materials
- Authoring, reviewing & editing documentation
- Dissemination of information materials to stakeholders
- Documentation of organisational achievements
- Staff Communication Trainings
- Share the organisation’s story in the media
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication/Journalism/Community Development OR Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences or related field
- Post graduate qualification or certification in public relations and customer care or creative writing.
- At least three years’ consecutive experience in a similar role, or in writing and editing position at a media house.
- Personal attributes: Self supervisory, results oriented, able to work under pressure, high level of creativity.
How to Apply:
All candidates should their updated CVs and cover letters with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. Application should be marked as “Communications Officer FOL” Applications may not exceed 2MBs.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 20th March 2019