Communications Officer Non-profit Jobs – World Vision International
Job Title: Communications Officer
Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Communications and Public Relations Manager
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Communications Officer supports the work of the National Office Programmes team through production of communication materials for marketing, grant acquisition, advocacy and media campaigns. The role among others will also support the coordination and hosting of media related visits to the ADPs and projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keeping the World Vision Uganda Promise to Support Offices (SO) and Donors –
- Ensuring communication/marketing resources are planned, prioritized and resourced for effective donor/SO engagements
- Coordinate, plan and support visits to the National Office (scouting of impact stories, high quality photos and video footage)
- Tasked with the compilation of communication materials and best practices that support growth of income and impact of World Vision work
- Working with Programmes/projects to ensure visibility plans/activities are implemented as agreed
- Support the programme Specialists and Communications teams to compile Reports and briefs
Program visibility, branding, messaging and designing of communications materials.
- Work closely with field teams and partners to develop, pre-test and roll out IEC/BCC material (such as documentaries, posters, flyers and brochures) for awareness creation and education.
- Coordinate the design, development and roll out of the campaign and project materials by working closely with service providers and the procurement team.
- Take lead in the dissemination of the publications such as research findings, policy statements and reports through utilizing meetings and events.
Advocacy and public event planning and management.
- Take leadership in planning and organizing public events and outreaches meetings in line with the World Vision strategic priorities.
- Build the technical capacity of staff and partners in order to carry out effective documentation and communication, as well as dissemination for advocacy campaigning and learning.
- Actively participate in project assessments and design to ensure integration of documentation and communication as well as dissemination strategies.
- Enhanced documentation of Programmes (e.g. through promising practices, best practices and most significant change stories)
- Assist the field teams in integrating documentation and communication to effectively draw lessons and change stories in line with the strategy.
- Coordinate the process of identifying, documentation and dissemination of most significant change stories and promising and best practices using multi-media platform.
- Compile quarterly reports and bi-annual magazines/newsletters highlighting the programme progress and share them with stakeholders and donors.
- Facilitate information sharing at the National Office and field teams with relevant publications, reports and news features related to World vision sector priorities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Vision Communications Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree with preference in communications, community development, or related field of study
- Three years’ experience in similar role, preferably with non-government organization
- Skills in personal computing, email and general office productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, InDesign)
- Experience with still photography, videography, and story writing style of communication
- Understanding of transformational development and ability to translate technical language into language that is easily understandable by donors
- Excellent communication and public relations skills with strong English language capability (written and oral) and ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and principles
- Experience hosting or working with donors or visitors highly preferred
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 13th April 2018
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020