Communications Officer UNHCR Project Jobs – Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Job Title: Communications Officer
Organization: Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director of Development and Quality Assurance
Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through provision and coordination of Education and training for Refugees and people affected by conflict.
Windle International Uganda is the lead partner of UNHCR in implementing Education Projects in Uganda with close collaboration with the Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to all communications needs of the organization, ensuring brand presence and visibility of WIU’s work, impact and collaborations.
- Ensuring communication resources are planned, prioritized and resourced for effective donor
- Coordinate, plan and support visits to the National Office (scouting of impact stories, high quality photos and video footage)
- Compilation of communication materials and best practices that support growth of income and impact of WIU work
- Working with Programmes/projects to ensure visibility plans/activities are implemented as agreed
- Support the programmes team to compile Reports and briefs
- Work with field teams and partners to develop, pre-test and roll out material (such as documentaries, posters, flyers and brochures) for awareness creation and education.
- Coordinate the design, development and roll out of the campaign and project materials by working closely with service providers and the procurement team.
- Take lead in the dissemination of the publications such as research findings, policy statements and reports through utilizing meetings and events.
- Support the field teams in integrating documentation and communication to effectively draw lessons and change stories in line with the strategy.
- Coordinate the process of identifying, documentation and dissemination of most significant change stories and promising and best practices using multi-media platform.
- Compile quarterly reports and bi-annual magazines/newsletters highlighting the Programme progress and share them with stakeholders and donors.
- Facilitate information sharing at the National Office and field teams with relevant publications, reports and news features related to World vision sector priorities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Windle International Uganda (WIU) Communications Officer job must hold a Bachelor degree with preference in Mass communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field of study
- Three years’ experience in similar role, preferably with non-governmental organization
- Excellent communication and public relations skills with strong English language capability (written and oral) and ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and principles
- Skills in personal computing, email and general office productivity software
- Experience with still photography, videography, and story writing style of communication
- Understanding of transformational development and ability to translate technical language into language that is easily understandable by donors
- Experience hosting or working with donors or visitors highly preferred
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should submit their applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, 2 years’ salary history, copies of academic transcripts and certificates including telephone, email contacts and details of at least three professional referees addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Windle International Uganda,
P.O Box 24230 Kampala, Uganda
Applications must be hand delivered to The Windle House, Plot 726 Nagawa Close, Mawanda Road, Mulago Hill, Kamwokya.
Deadline: 10th January, 2019 by 5pm
- Windle International is an equal opportunity employer; Females, minority groups and People with disabilities who qualify for any of the above vacancies are encouraged to apply.
- No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will immediately be disqualified and black listed.
- Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.