Community Development Officer NGO Jobs – Hunger Free World
Organisation: Hunger Free World
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Programs Manager
Hunger Free World is an international non-profit organization whose objective is to create a world free of hunger. Being able to access adequate food in order to sustain a healthy body and mind is the most fundamental human right. HFW aims to make this “Right to Food” a reality for all.
Job Summary: The Community Development Officer will be responsible for managing Community Development Programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Implementation – 60%
- Monitor and operationalize aggregated farm input fund for Hunger Free cooperatives (MOFA project or as shall be directed by project manager from time to time).
- Build capacity of cooperative members to save and improve on their share(s) as individuals and as cooperative institution.
- Keenly monitor operation and maintenance schedules of the Hunger Free coop machineries such as maize mill, tractor (MOFA project or as shall be directed by project manager).
- Assist your supervisor to monitor management of restricted shock absorbing operational support fund and make reports on its usage.
- Assist Senior Programmes Manager to make reports on decisions made on retained earnings and monitor its management
- Assist Senior Programmes Manager to reconcile the accounts records (yellow cards) with quick books data entries.
- Receive loan applications from the cooperative members and site visit them to inspect their physical residents.
- Sign loan agreements as witnesses which bind the borrower to the HFZ cooperative society.
- Draft loan payment schedules and entering weekly HFZ transactions in quick books for each HFZ cooperative.
- Monitor ongoing and implemented HFZ cooperative projects
- Prepare monthly, Quarterly, and Annual program reports,
- Contribute and participating in the mid-term and term evaluation of the cooperatives documenting all information related to project successes and best practices, creating a bank of pictures, videos, and most significant change stories on the project, and documenting and reporting initial market assessment findings,
- Participate in regular market research, market monitoring, market trends and market information feedback for various commodities, especially beans and maize..
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in Community Development, Development Studies, Business Studies, or related fields,
- Four years of experience working in the community development sector,
- Ability to construct, interpret, critique budgets and track expenditure,
- Demonstrate ability to foster partnerships with community and/or Government agencies/organizations and groups,
- Knowledge of community development, empowerment and mentoring approaches Research, monitoring and evaluation skills,
- Experience with small business financing, market analysis and market research,
- Good oral and written communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated resume, cover letter, three (3) professional references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Community Development Officer Candidate” in the subject line of your email.
Deadline: 21st June 2019