Community M&E Officer NGO Jobs – Baylor-Uganda
Organisation: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Job Summary: The Community M&E Officer will be responsible for Reviewing and implementing community M & E management systems and guidelines for measuring and tracking district programmes/projects performance routinely.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and monitor implementation of community M&E work plans and submit monthly M&E reports with documented actions to address gaps;
- Develop/modify and update the performance monitoring plan for the community program including Prevention , Community Framework and OVC.
- Ensure relevant MoH/donor data collection and reporting tools are in place and are being used appropriately to collect accurate data for OVC programs
- Support periodic data collection, validation and reporting for all community programs (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually) in national and PEPFAR MER systems.
- Provide technical assistance and monitor implementation/update of electronic databases and reporting systems including OVC tracker, KP Tracker, PrEP, OVCMIS, HIBRID and all other databased developed by the program.
- Implement data quality improvement initiatives including data validation and DQAs and implement appropriate actions to address identified gaps
- Support CBOs and HFs to conduct data reviews and feedback meetings with stakeholders to aid informed decision-making on community programming.
- Support the cluster community team to generate lists of patients for follow-up, update and report on follow-up outcomes using relevant M&E tools.
- Provide training and mentoring to community health workers and staff to ensure implementation of strong M&E systems.
- Actively contribute and participate in conducting operational research studies and project self-assessments and address the M&E capacity gaps that are identified.
- Develop and maintain a competent & motivated community data team through implementing HR support activities in line with the Human resources manual.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Baylor-Uganda Community M&E Officer job should hold a Bachelor’s degree in statistics, demography, qualitative economics or any other related discipline.
- At least three years’ experience in using National and PEPFAR MER systems i.e. DHIS2, OVCMIS, HIBRID, OPENMRS, OVC TRACKER, KP TRACKER
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheet packages (Ms-excel), database management systems: Ms-Access, Epi-Info, SPSS, STATA.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Good analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
- You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 26th March 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE