Compliance Officer Job Opportunities – UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Head Office, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Compliance Supervisor
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Compliance Officer shall be responsible for providing support in the identification, assessment, monitoring and implementation of recommendations as well as reporting of the Institution’s compliance risks in line with UGAFODE (MDI) Annual operating plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Anti-Money Laundering and Combating Financing of Terrorism acts (AML & CFT): Ensures UGAFODE’s Money Laundering compliance by monitoring and reviewing AML risk through an efficient identification and monitoring of any suspicious activities process as well as timely reporting.
- Implementation of scheduled compliance risks: Conducts compliance checks as per approved compliance schedule, conduct reviews, assessments including addressing compliance faults and subsequent reporting of compliance risk from all bank branches and departments in line with bank’s annual operating plan.
- Closing pending compliance issues: Visits branches and other operational departments and closes pending and emerging compliance issues and action plans in line with agreed recommendations and timelines of annual compliance plan.
- Reviews and reporting: Continuously reviews, prepares and submits follow up reports on compliance/non- compliance to lenders covenants and other service level agreements, review internal risks limits for UGAFODE, regulators and other critical entities in line with set policy and procedural standards of the bank.
- Conduct regulatory compliance reviews: Follows up, documents and promptly disseminates regulatory guidelines/directives and ensures timely implementation of the same. Also reviews and assess red flag transactions in the bank in line with Anti money laundering, suspicious transactions as well as KYC requirements of the bank.
- Compliance Training: Provide relevant support in the implementation of compliance trainings to staff so as to resolve any compliance deficiencies detected to spur an efficient business operations for the bank and for purposes of new staff on boarding and compliance awareness.
- Follow up on Audit issues: Identifies, reviews and implements findings brought forward by Audit (internal & External) and Risk against regulatory compliance to the bank
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) Compliance Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a business related field.
- Should have completed/passed at least three papers of CPA or ACCA.
- At least two years’ experience in banking or related financial institution with experience particularly in compliance.
- A good understanding of laws and regulations governing financial institutions.
- Solution-focused, flexible thinker with a strong “can do” attitude.
- Able to influence, negotiate and engage diversity.
- Strong networking and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Sound judgement, decision-making skills and analytical.
- Broad knowledge of Banking Operations, Pertinent Banking Compliance legislation, policies and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of AML, KYC principles, workings of different international sanction list is crucial.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit (as one document) motivation letters together with an up to date CV to our email only: email@example.com (Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line e.g. “Compliance Officer”). Applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource.
Deadline: 14th February 2020