Compliance Officer NGO Job Careers – World Vision International
Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Regional Finance Officer
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Compliance Officer – Western Region will make sure World Vision program offices are conducting its business in full compliance with World Vision partnership standard, donor, local statutory requirements. The compliance officer responsible for developing compliance programs, conducting a review and advising management on possible risks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compliance to donor and organization policies & procedures: develop and implement an effective risk, control and compliance system
- Risk management: Perform the critical function of independent financial verification on wide range of field activities including but not limited to various meetings, trainings, distribution of supplies, constructions, community investments, WVU Assets among others.
- Assets and inventory management:
- Performs Quarterly verification of assets and inventory lists for completeness and existence following the Organization’s inventory management policy
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the World Vision Compliance Officer job must hold a university degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing
- Partial professional qualification in ACCA, CPA, CA, CIA or CMA or equivalent.
- At least three years of post-qualification experience.
- At least three years of relevant technical and business work experience.
- Excellent understanding of Uganda Tax and Statutory requirements.
- Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
- Knowledge of various Donor rules and regulations, systems and procedures and local government financial processes. Experience with managing other major international donor funds and working with an international non-profit/non-governmental organization (NGO) preferred
- Written and Oral Communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- Experience of working in the field (communities)
- Knowledge of project management and project cycles
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 14th October 2020
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE