Compliance Officer US Non-profit Careers – IntraHealth International
Organisation: IntraHealth International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Senior Compliance Manager
IntraHealth International is a non-profit organization based in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, U.S.A. that has been in existence for over 30 years in more than 100 countries and it has empowered health workers to better serve communities in need. IntraHealth fosters local solutions to health care challenges by improving health worker performance, strengthening health systems, harnessing technology, and leveraging partnerships. In collaboration with governments, nongovernmental organizations, and private- sector organizations around the world, IntraHealth champions the needs and contributions of health workers—from doctors and nurses to community health workers to health facility managers—and works to ensure they have the tools, supplies, information, training, and support they need to provide communities they serve with the best possible opportunity for health and well-being.
Job Summary: The Compliance Officer will be primarily responsible for ensuring compliance to donor rules and regulations both in program operations as well as finance operations. In addition, s/he will be responsible for ensuring that the organization is not defrauded in any way by having resources effectively and efficiently used for only the planned activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform audits, internal control reviews and compliance assessment activities for RHITES –E Activity
- Analyze findings and make recommendations to address control gaps.
- Conduct periodic site-visits to partners & review their financial records/internal control systems and make recommendations
- Perform special audits/investigations and effectively report the outcome to supervisor and IntraHealth management.
- Monitor financial activities and keep the supervisor advised of any situations which has potential for negative impact on activity implementation.
- Ensure key steps (planning, execution, reporting) are coordinated effectively with input from supervisor.
- Provide professional advice with regard to internal control systems and compliance.
- Effectively document and write reports on findings and recommendation to improve processes controls and systems.
- Support supervisor during internal /external audits: coordinate preparation activities and documentation during audit
- Support the Senior Compliance Manager in follow-up of recommendations & closure activities for both internal and external audits; support, monitor and verify audit closure.
- Coordinate with the supervisor and management to identify knowledge and skills gaps and manage provision of capacity building interventions in the areas of compliance and risk management to staff and partners.
- Demonstrate knowledge and be first point of contact for colleagues and management on compliance-related issues.
- Assist IntraHealth operations and program teams with risk identification, analysis and mitigation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the IntraHealth Compliance Officer job placement must hold a University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk & Compliance or related field or equivalent work experience (A certification in the field is a must e.g. CPA, ACCA, CIA).
- At least four years of professional experience in grant management, establishing and maintaining effective working relationship, two of which as an auditor.
- A working experience of at least two years working with USAID-funded projects/ institutional donor/s will be an added advantage.
- Ability to deliver training and prepare training materials will be an asset.
- Excellent influencing skills, diplomacy, tact and ability to obtain cooperation of individuals and staff not under own control.
- Persistent and resolute.
- Ability to operate comfortably within a complex cultural, global environment;
- Ability to multi-task effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines without close supervision.
- Serves with high level of Integrity and models Stewardship
- Highly developed communication and report writing skill
- Good knowledge of Microsoft suite
- Analytical and attention to details
- Effective communication: Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors that promotes learning.
- Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed upon strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; and monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
- Interpersonal Relationships: Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments, Country offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join IntraHealth International in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the link below.