Compliance Supervisor Job Careers – UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About US: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Compliance Supervisor will be responsible for providing support in ensuring enterprise wide compliance risk management programs in line with applicable laws and regulations as well as UGAFODE (MDI)’s strategic objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft the annual compliance plan and department objectives to address the institution’s compliance requirements (internal and external) through assessing and identifying the institution’s compliance risk exposures and in line with the institution’s strategic objectives and operational plan.
- Regulatory compliance – Support in tracking and ensuring that the institution is in compliance with laws, regulations, guidelines that are relevant to our business processes, support in ensuring timely implementation of supervisory directives, support in ensuring that different business units are aware of and take steps to comply with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Compliance with the AML/CFT Act and Regulations – support the Money Laundering Control Officer (MLCO) in ensuring implementation of the institution’s AML/CFT policies, procedures, processes and controls to guard against ML/TF risk.
- Financing requirements – Work with finance to ensure that the institution is complying with all financing requirements in the agreements between UGAFODE and Lenders/Funders.
- Compliance Risk Assessment – Work with the rest of the compliance team in identifying compliance risks, analysing the compliance risks (likelihood and consequences) and evaluating compliance risk.
- Draft the annual compliance training plan and ensure that all scheduled trainings are accomplished in time.
- Compliance Reporting – Ensure timely preparation and completion of the monthly compliance risk exposures report and any assigned compliance reports, review reports prepared by compliance officers and submit to the Compliance Manager.
- Findings and recommendations – Ensure that all audit reports are uploaded in the compliance tracker on time, follow up with action owners and make sure that issues are closed on with sufficient evidence where required. Prepare weekly dashboard on compliance tracker status.
- Policy Management – support in ensuring that all policies and procedures are reviewed annually in accordance with the Policy and Procedure Design Framework.
- Represent compliance on bank projects when designated by the compliance manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the UGAFODE Compliance Supervisor job placement must hold a Bachelor degree in laws /Business Administration or a business related field.
- At least three years of experience in banking or related financial institution with experience particularly in compliance
- Broad knowledge of Banking Operations, Pertinent Banking Compliance legislation, policies and procedures,
- In-depth knowledge of AML, KYC principles, workings of different international sanction list is crucial.
- A good understanding of laws and regulations governing financial institutions
- Solution-focused, flexible thinker with a strong “can do” attitude
- Able to influence, negotiate and engage diversity
- Strong networking and stakeholder engagement skills
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
How to Apply: If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please submit application letter together with an up to date CV to our email only: email@example.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the Subject Line e.g. “Compliance Supervisor – Mukisa Samalie”). Applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource. Deadline: 21st April, 2021 but applications will be viewed on a rolling basis. NB: Ladies are encouraged to apply.
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE