Consultancy Jobs – TOR for Development of a Customized ACTV Database and Management Information System – African Centre for Treatment and Rehabilitation of Torture Victims (ACTV)
Consultancy Title: Terms of Reference for Consultancy – Development of a Customized ACTV Database and Management Information System
Organisation: African Centre for Treatment and Rehabilitation of Torture Victims (ACTV)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
ACTV is a Non-Government Organisation with a mission to advocate against Torture, Gender-Based Violence and other forms of Violence and provide holistic care to the survivors. It has a multi-disciplinary team comprising of; Medical Doctors, Nurses, Physiotherapists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Lawyers, who provide services to survivors of torture.
ACTV has a database where client’s information is populated, managed and stored. Routine data entry is required for continued update of the client information and analysis, however overtime the database has developed some technical glitches that affect entry and analytics generated by the database.
It is against this background that the ACTV plans to re-design/customize its Database and information management system to meet business requirements for efficient and effective evaluation/ monitoring. It involves integration of the data between the previous ACTV database and current database to have a comprehensive information system.
The purpose is to establish a robust information system that integrates all ACTV data and information from all her centres i.e. Kampala, Gulu, Karamoja, and Kasese that is able to; store, retrieve, analyze, and generate reports from the information.
- Upgrading and designing an Integrated, computerized/ automated MIS that captures Torture Survivors’ data
- Reporting system that captures monthly and quarterly program reports
- Digitizing data collection tools that are used for survivors documentation
Scope of work
- Review of the current system and required data to be captured into the new system
- Designing requirements and presenting to ACTV to ensure all information will be captured.
- Design of the Database System with interfaces for Computers and tablets
- Identify an appropriate proprietary software/program/platform for hosting the system. This should be simple, affordable based on the ACTV program portfolio
- Review of the design by ACTV team for additional features
- Design a reporting system for monthly and quarterly program reports
- Launching the final version
- Training of users
Methodology: The Consultant shall develop the most suitable methodology in line with the assignment. This should be detailed in the technical proposal.
Expected outputs/ deliverables, Download TOR
Duration of the Assignment: The assignment is expected to be carried out in a period of 30 working days
- The Team/consultant/consultancy firm should have a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, software engineering, IT or any relevant qualification.
- Experience in M&E frameworks and systems development
- At least five (5 years of relevant work experience in development planning and monitoring and evaluation. The consultant should have prior experience in designing, developing and supporting implementation of computerized and web-enabled MIS systems
- Considerable past experience in the design and operationalization of similar automated systems is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
ACTV requires that you submit both technical and financial proposals covering the following:
- CV of expert/s;
- Evidence of previous experience especially in developing similar systems;
- Technical proposal (1-2 pages) highlighting the system design, approaches and tools required, including timeframe for delivery of the key outputs;
- Financial proposal; ACTV will make 6% statutory deductions (from the gross payment)
- Application should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject “ACTV MIS”
Deadline: 18th November 2022 by 5:00pm